9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally decided to get some aftermarket speakers for my car and was looking at speaker adapters to ease the install. I can't find a 100% clear answer whether or not the Scosche SAHC634 Speaker Adapter will work or not. I am wanting to use them on the front doors of a '12 LX sedan. I have seen where people suggest to countersink the head of the OEM bolt into the adapter. That is fine, but i'm wondering more about fitting against the door skin and fitting into the door panel opening without problem.

amazon link for reference: Amazon.com: Scosche SAHC634 2006 -Up Honda Civic Door Speaker Adapter for 6 1/2-Inch Speakers: Car Electronics

thanks

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
So I finally decided to get some aftermarket speakers for my car and was looking at speaker adapters to ease the install. I can't find a 100% clear answer whether or not the Scosche SAHC634 Speaker Adapter will work or not. I am wanting to use them on the front doors of a '12 LX sedan. I have seen where people suggest to countersink the head of the OEM bolt into the adapter. That is fine, but i'm wondering more about fitting against the door skin and fitting into the door panel opening without problem.

amazon link for reference: Amazon.com: Scosche SAHC634 2006 -Up Honda Civic Door Speaker Adapter for 6 1/2-Inch Speakers: Car Electronics

thanks
It won't give you a good seal and will easily distort so all the trouble would be a waste best suggestion I can give you is purchase mdf rings off eBay and buy double sided 3m tape pre drill the holes you need into the mdf ring to match your speaker and match the factory holes,make as best a perfect circle with the tape on the ring and on the door skin and tighten Down either using the stock screws or self taps.make sure you get the best possible seal around the speaker so you get no sound leak.
Lmk

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts