9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked my car underneath a tree. Tree sap falls on my roof/top of window trim area. I go to clean it with a relatively abrasive APC and end up putting back and forth scratches on the trim. Frankly, I would rather have had the tree sap there then this obviously shameful attempt at cleaning my Civic.

I'm unsure what material is used for this particular part. Plastic or metal? Metal with vinyl over the top? Can't really tell. It scratched fairly easily. I bought scratch remover for plastic/vinyl and metal and tried both with no success.

I've been trying to research to find out if I can lay new vinyl over it, use a product, or just replace the part in its entirety.

Products used: ScratchX, PlastX, ScratchDoctor, and more...

I will post an actual picture of my car tomorrow. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure if you figured it out, but its just vinyl on top of the painted metal door frame. I don't think there's any way to repair scratched vinyl. You can order a new vinyl sticker from Honda and replace it. I believe the vinyl sticker is called the window sash. It's less than $5. It does require disassembling the door panel and taking off the bottom window molding, to take off the b-pillar trim to replace it properly. You can also cut it to size, but then you will see the line. If you're OCD, then you would want to take it all off.

The other option is to get window visors which will cover the entire sash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts