9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much less head room is in the EX then the LX?

I know because of the moon roof the EX's have a little less headroom then the LX. Does anyone know how much shorter they are? I'm not asking for any particular reason, just curious on how much less space you get.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I know there is less headroom in the back seat of a 12' EX 4dr than my 10" Si 4dr. I was hoping for a little more!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Roughly an inch, not too big of a difference, but I guess slightly noticeable.
However if the height really is an issue for you just drive with your head out the moon roof ;)

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
717 Posts
Civic has lo and hi seating?

What's that lo and hi button for the driver an pass seat? Is it te position butto or heating? Found this off the Honda website in the four door si pictures

Do you ex-l, ex, lx or dx owners have that?

·
Registered
717 Posts
The "Hi Lo" buttons you see in that image are for the heated seats.

I have an EX-L Navi, and it has heated seats.
I thought heated seats were only in leather? Unless Honda just uses the same audio pictures in all models since they are really all the same. Unless the si model has it also

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thought heated seats were only in leather?
Yes, I believe you're correct. I just double-checked on the Honda website, and only the leather seats are heated. Apparently the photo used isn't an Si after all :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yea it's not a si. I look closer and the dash color is tan and the si doesn't come in tan. Thank you

·
Registered
794 Posts
Forget the heated seats... Auto a/c would've been a nice plus, but I understand Honda was trying to keep the weight down as much as possible.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Forget the heated seats... Auto a/c would've been a nice plus, but I understand Honda was trying to keep the weight down as much as possible.
We have auto A/C in Florida. Its called full blast all the time, it will never be cold enough. A/C works great compared to previous Honda's but it is god awful hot in Florida.

·
Registered
794 Posts
We have auto A/C in Florida. Its called full blast all the time, it will never be cold enough. A/C works great compared to previous Honda's but it is god awful hot in Florida.
I hear you, but I've always just liked the luxury of auto a/c even if it would barely be more functional to me than conventional a/c. I suppose no matter how much I dig these affordable econo cars I will always have a hankering for the luxurious amentities... I'm destined for Acura me thinks. Lol

What's the differences from auto ac and normal ac?
Normal a/c is what every civic except the hybrid has and has been around for years. You have constantly spin the dials... or move the slider (old!) to keep adjusting the proper temperature, like we always do... for some anyway.

Auto a/c is what is on more expensive, higher end cars and on hybrids, including the civic hybrid. Instead of constantly having to turn the dials to maintain proper temperature, you actually just select the right temperature degree you want it at... say 67 degrees F, and them your AC works to keep it at that temperature. Go check it out on the civic hybrid.

Even more luxurious cars have dual zone climate, which means the driver AND passenger gets to choose their own preferred temperature!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sedan vs Coupe driver space

First time poster. Question about the sedan vs the coupe. I am potentially getting a 2012 si sedan (PMM) but I am a little worried about the space on the inside. I am a pretty big guy (5'11, 220) and when I sat in the LX coupe, I felt like my head was about to pop through the roof. Is there more room in the si sedan for the driver?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I've sat in the EX sedan - the sunroof is a problem point in the sedans, being 6' myself, I'm not all that happy about the roof height. While you can lower the seat enough so its not exactly popping height... its not exactly what I'd call spacious by any means. The LX doesn't even have a sunroof and you felt it. You know what I mean.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts