Was this helpful?

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I just recently swapped my driver side seat and wanted to give everyone some info/tips on this as I found it hard to find everything in one place. Below I will place all I have, i'm not perfect so please ask questions or post corrections. Please note that this is what worked for me I'm not 100% sure it will work for you but it should. Lastly this is still a work in progress. Thank you :)

My Car: 2015 Honda Civic Si

Materials:
Air Bag System (No Dash Lights)
Under the drive seat you will find 3 plugs. (Seat AirBag)(Seat Position Sensor)(Seat Belt Sensor)

• For the seat airbag I purchased an extra plug and wired the BRIDE Air Bag Seat Canceller - 2.0 OHMS to it. Seat AirBag Sensor.png
  • For the seat position sensor I removed the stock one from the seat. (You will have to raise the seat to the tallest position to do so (once you have the seat out) )
  • For the seat belt sensor I purchased an extra seat belt with the sensor plug. But you can just remove the one from the stock seat.
All 3 of these have to be plugged in or you will get a light.
Hopefully I will have pictures up for this soon.

Issues:
You will need a longer bolt for the rear seat hole where the harness bar and seat base goes. Will post a picture or specs once I find this.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Awesome!! Much appreciate it. I'm looking in swapping my seats here shortly. Didn't know they had a kit for the airbag sensor. I kept getting different answers between using 2 or 3 OHMS.

I will be definitely using this guide. Thanks again!

Reactions: Greg9thGSi

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So do all the airbags work properly?
I can't test that. But there are no warnings on the dash. That being said, the safest option is always the stock seat. I plan on using the bucket seat while on the track, and swapping back to stock when not on the track.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,507 Posts
I can't test that. But there are no warnings on the dash. That being said, the safest option is always the stock seat. I plan on using the bucket seat while on the track, and swapping back to stock when not on the track.
An important point that should be added to your write-up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently tried to change over from my stock seat but I'm still getting the lights to check side airbag...
Ive got a 2012 civic si, and so far, I got the McBride 2.0 ohm canceller, and took out the seat position sensor and plugged it back.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I recently tried to change over from my stock seat but I'm still getting the lights to check side airbag...
Ive got a 2012 civic si, and so far, I got the McBride 2.0 ohm canceller, and took out the seat position sensor and plugged it back.
If that doesn't work, I've read somewhere that we might need the 3.3Ohm 1watt resistor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts