9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that you can set up a web petition on an issue. In this case we could set one up to get Honda to modify the SI rev hang. When enough SI' owners names get on, we can make sure the petition gets to Honda Corporate.

What can or will Honda do about it? Well, for one thing, they could modify the software to shorten the rev hang interval. Even if it was only cut in half, it would be better than the situation we have now.

Recently a petition like this got Bank of America to drop their $5/month ATM user fee.

If we get just 100 people to sign an SI petition that's a good 5-10% of all SI owners. Enough to get them to sit up and listen.

Anyone interested in setting this up?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I set up a petition on IPetition. Here is the link:

Petition Honda - Eliminate "rev hang" in 2012 Civic SI vehicles.

Here is a copy of the text: "Honda of North America: We the undersigned request that Honda issue a software update that will eliminate or substantially reduce the "rev hang" interval in 2012 Honda Civic SI 2.4l engines produced for sale in the U.S. and Canada. We count ourselves as among the most loyal and motivated Civic SI owners in North America. We collectively agree that the excessive "rev hang" in the 2012 SI negatively impacts our driving experience and enjoyment of the vehicle. We request that you issue an update that will correct this issue as soon as possible.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Really? I'm sure they are well aware of it. It's in EVERY review I read. My guess is it's not there my mistake. It likely has something to do with MPG and if that's the case it's unlikely to change, if it for some reason gets 0.01 of an MPG increase it all counts these days! I'm not happy with how my non Si shifts (Auto) but I understand why it is the way it is, am I going to petition it? No.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
lol well if your the passive type that likes to settle than good for you :) but there's a difference between mag reviews and real world drivers.....and trust me, this kind of feedback is a great value for a company.....especially when they dont have to pay for it!

Whats wrong with people voicing their opinions?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Didn't say there was anything wrong with it, when you work for them for 13 years you start to figure out why things are the way they are, believe me it's not there for no reason, can it be improved? Maybe, but all the testing done I am VERY sure they know about it and chose to keep it that way, for a reason, that is all I am saying.

If I were you guys I'm willing to bet you would get a better response from Honda Customer Service on twitter.

@HondaCustSvc Twitter

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well Stevie, we are looking for improvement. You don't get what you don't ask for.

By the way, if any of you are member of other Civic-related forums, please post a notice and a link to the petition.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Maybe, but all the testing done I am VERY sure they know about it and chose to keep it that way, for a reason, that is all I am saying.
Yes - its called Honda's retarded obsession with being green and overly zealous on emissions. They should use some common sense and better judgement here. Unfortunately I don't see much good coming down the line - its only going to get worse... and Honda isn't alone either in this regard. I'm guessing by the time there's a real next generation, we'll see automatic start-stop and other such intrusions added even into the Si. Porsche with the 911 and BMW with the 3 series are amongst the offenders.

By the time the next generation grows up, cars will be so much more appliance-like.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.