9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just bought a 2012 civic si and a hail sale and the damage is very bad. how effective is fixing the dents visually? and if i am replacing parts which ones should i get carbon fiber for and what brand? Every piece of the car facing up is very damaged and the side pieces have 5-6 small dents each.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sounds like the hood and decklid at a minimum. What color is the car? How much did they take off the car for the hail damage?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
365 Posts
If your car only has dents and minor scratches you can get the dents popped out and it will look like it was never there. If it has scratches you might be able to buff them out. The only thing it might cost a pretty penny to get the dents popped out. I once had a dent on my door and hood (my old car) and it cost me $100 to pop it out but it did look like it never happen.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
My car was a hail damage sale too, but they fixed it before selling it. I got a pretty good discount, not as much as you, but I still got about 4k off the sticker price. 9k off for just superficial damage sounds like a sweet deal to me!!! Even if you had to put 1 or 2k into it, you're still coming out on top. But I doubt you'd have to spend that much unless the scratches are REALLY bad.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
theres 2 paint chips and the hood has as o many dents that it would be cheaper to replace. can I buy repayment carbon fiber hoods locally I live in calgary Alberta

·
Registered
286 Posts
Oh wow! $9k is pretty significant. Any chance you could post some photos. Yes, I know hail damage can be hard to see in photos but wow! 9k, huh.

Just a side note. Dealers file claims on their insurance policies for these cars and get paid per car.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just ordered a new hood from Honda. ill have pictures of the rest of the damage tomorrow. my dad wants to paint the hood himself? should i let him or convince him not to?

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
just ordered a new hood from Honda. ill have pictures of the rest of the damage tomorrow. my dad wants to paint the hood himself? should i let him or convince him not to?
If he can do a nice spray with clear coat. It's a brand new car after all... You got it cheap, no reason to keep it looking cheap with just an ok spray job.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Unless your dad is a professional painter with the proper tools, then I would leave it to a real body shop.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my civic vs friends cars

2012 civic si manual
2003 bmw 325i automatic
2012 volvo c70 manual
2004 audi a6 2.7t quatro manual
if all the cars had the same driver which would be the fastest?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I might say the audi, IMO.

d_u_a_n_e
K24z7 crew member #420

·
Registered
345 Posts
Volvo, then Si, then beamer

d_u_a_n_e
K24z7 crew member #420