9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am not a DIY person at all.....but would love a leather shift knob, or at least something that doesn't look so cheap..(4dr auto ex)

Has anyone already changed theirs? - or planning to....with what?

Thanks,

CM

·
Registered
425 Posts
Next time I'm in the accessory shop will have a look and ask some questions you are right some of the things shouldn't change that much from year to year.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My biggest gripe with the Si

Not the plastics.

Not the rev hang.

Not the lack of projectors/hid headlights.

It's the ******* shift knob. Jesus christ whose idea was it to sell these things in Canada with a metal knob? On chilly mornings i damn near get a frostbitten hand from how bloody cold the dumb thing gets. I really wish Honda either A) heated the shift knob, or B) didn't make it metal. I mean it looks cool and all, but holy smokes was that a dumb idea. Anyone know if that knob is replaceable? I haven't been able to twist it off yet.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hold the leather part until it heats up/cools down.

If you ever drive a Mustang with that all metal shift knob, you'll be thankful for the one in the Si.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have huge hands, it's literally impossible to only hold the leather part. No matter what i've tried the shift knob is just always way too cold to the touch. That shit has go to go, asap.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Your Canadian.. do the same thing other Canadians do: Wear gloves. Problem solved. Its winter, not summer. Everything is cold.

:)

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Not the plastics.

Not the rev hang.

Not the lack of projectors/hid headlights.

It's the ******* shift knob. Jesus christ whose idea was it to sell these things in Canada with a metal knob? On chilly mornings i damn near get a frostbitten hand from how bloody cold the dumb thing gets. I really wish Honda either A) heated the shift knob, or B) didn't make it metal. I mean it looks cool and all, but holy smokes was that a dumb idea. Anyone know if that knob is replaceable? I haven't been able to twist it off yet.
Wear driving gloves, problem solved. My biggest gripe with the new Si... hits a brick wall at 104mph.... kinda depressing..but thats what forced induction is for.

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
governer? what do you mean?
Well.. I'm coming from a 2007 speed3 which had some upgrades. Over 100, that car hauled ass. So, for the first time I decided to actually try 5th gear after redlining 4th gear and it just felt like I hit a wall..going up very slowly..1 mph at a time after 104.. ended at 108...justgave up. just really crawled..like I said in my previous post.. i'm kind disappointed. I'm a big fan of speeds over 100, and IMO, the fun really doesn't start till 100..be that as it may.. I'm FORCED to get a turbo. This K24 can handle 450 to the stock block, NO PROBLEM. Once the tuner parts are released, let the games begin.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Best shift knob site

Hello,

I got my civic in Manual transmission for the love of a sporty drive. Anyway, can you guys suggest web sites for a great selection of shift knobs. Ive been to my local stores but I didnt see anything I fell in love with. Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts