9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have recommendations on aftermarket shift knobs?
What are your opinions on the bubble shift knob? Just curious because I thought it would be somewhat cool to have one of those as a shift knob.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I'm curious about this also. I want a big heavy knob.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,410 Posts
When I had my MINI, I made a shift knob from a pool (billiard) ball. I liked the orange striped, white 13 ball. It felt great in my hand - big and heavy. Cost me nothing but some time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/interior-mods/3091-show-off-your-shift-knobs.html

I wasn't a fan of the factory knob or anything spherical, wanted alittle something more to grab on to. I went with a Blox knob thats similar to the skunk2. Heavier is the way to go because they shift smoother, but after that its all personal preference. Me personally, I think those long bubble knobs are ugly as hell, and they make your shift throws longer. They come from rwd drift cars because they are easy to get ahold of when sliding around. But its all about what your into.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I use one of the bubble shift knobs. I actually like it. It does make the throw a little longer but it's so smooth and buttery, you don't even notice/mind that the throw is a bit longer. Also from time to time, I like to switch from the bubble knob to my Mugen knob because it makes shifting more "mechanical" feeling and the throws feel short as hell. I would recommend the bubble knob to anybody. It's a fun knob no doubt lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. How about the icb shift knobs? I like the neo-chrome color but I don't know if it would fit our shift knob.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm looking for a high quality FULL leather shift knob. I didn't realize until recently how horrendously cold my knob gets. I'm leaving for work in sub zero temps and even though I warm my car up, my shift knob is too cold to shift comfortably. I've been looking and looking and haven't found any full leather knobs, except from amazon or ebay and I worry about the quality from those places... If you have any links I would really appreciate it!

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
I'm looking for a high quality FULL leather shift knob. I didn't realize until recently how horrendously cold my knob gets. I'm leaving for work in sub zero temps and even though I warm my car up, my shift knob is too cold to shift comfortably. I've been looking and looking and haven't found any full leather knobs, except from amazon or ebay and I worry about the quality from those places... If you have any links I would really appreciate it!
For the time being maybe put something over the knob when you leave the car outside like a thick sock or even a glove lol.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's actually what I was planning on doing. LoL on another thread I was looking at other shift knobs people have put on and one person does specifically that. :) Hugz!

·
Registered
841 Posts
That's actually what I was planning on doing. LoL on another thread I was looking at other shift knobs people have put on and one person does specifically that. :) Hugz!
i just received my Blox shift knob cover. does the job pretty well

·
Registered
122 Posts
i just received my Blox shift knob cover. does the job pretty well
Omg, you just found my new shifter! LoL plus a beanie! I was thinking a wanted a full leather shifter but.... I can really add some of my personality to my girl with these! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Omg, you just found my new shifter! LoL plus a beanie! I was thinking a wanted a full leather shifter but.... I can really add some of my personality to my girl with these! Thanks!!!
Hahaa glad to help. i have the "24k gold" and the weight is perfect at 450g shifting feels solid n precise

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I went with the Skunk2. I think it's around $60 new. I think it matches the interior really well and it's heavy so that made a difference. The only thing is it gets scolding hot in the sun and ice cold in the winter. Wah

View attachment 145922

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Had a hard time finding the shift knob considering what else is in the pic. :wink:

Can you show a close-up, of the shift knob lol?

1 - 20 of 135 Posts