9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hate these shitty all season that came with the SI. 1st 2nd and 3rd sometimes will spin while accelerating due to the torque. And thats without dropping the clutch or burning out at a light etc.. Just wanted to rant on how shitty these tires are and see if other people feel the same way.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
Agreed. I had a nice "burnout" in front of a cop on a damp morning. I wasn't trying to slam it or anything, but you hit that paint stripe and they're gone. Put amazing summers on now.

OEM rubber does have one thing going for it - excellent fuel economy because they have no traction!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the main reason for this post is that I was actually pulled over for squeaking my tires going from 1st 2nd to 3rd on the on ramp for the highway there was a cop pulled to the side watching cars go by the ramp and I came up (Had the windows closed) and started to get heavy on the throttle. So he pulled me over and asked me wtf I was the doing. I was like what do you mean. So yeah had me pulled over for 20 minutes taking his time and I was late for work.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Honda should use the Primacy MXM4s instead but they didn't. No idea why they're using these which are really 10+ years old in design tires. Yup, these tires were the same lousy ones they put on the Acura RSX back in 2002.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
^ yeah that is fun. But the turn, turn, OH SHIT NOT TURNING is what got me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts