9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FB6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about getting the Acuity Short shifter, would it be pointless to even get a weighted shift knob with it because the short shifter is smooth enough making the knob useless?

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
284 Posts
Weighted knob for sure. Countersunk weighted if you're someone who like low shifters.

I've got a Moddiction Anvil sitting around if you're looking.

·
Registered
2013 FB6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, how do you feel about weighted knob.
Weighted knob for sure. Countersunk weighted if you're someone who like low shifters.

How do you like you weighted knob? Does it help that much/feel that much better? Same thing with the short shifter.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,503 Posts
A weighted knob will reduce the effort and smooth the movement in between gears.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

Send me some deets.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
284 Posts
Thank you, how do you feel about weighted knob.

How do you like you weighted knob? Does it help that much/feel that much better? Same thing with the short shifter.
A weighted knob will reduce the effort and smooth the movement in between gears.
I love it. Scotty is dead on. And paired with the short shift? I feel like this is how it should have come from the factory. The car already had the Buddy Club short shifter, and I've never bothered to disassemble to confirm, but I'm almost positive that there are base bushings in there too as the unit is stable as hell, so that factors into the crispyness of the shifting too. I also have the HR shifter bushing which are awesome too.

Send me some deets.

Lemme know if you're able to see that or not. I kept forgetting to take a picture of the item with my forum info, so I haven't posted here.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have the acuity shifter and skunk2 weighted shift knob......... no complaints here. however, I haven't compared a weighted vs non-weighted knob.

·
Photoshop Masta
2,795 Posts
Yeah I think I’m going to do both the short throw and the weighted knob. Thx everyone!
I was using a Blox 490 gram knob when I first installed my Buddy Club short shifter, and to be honest, I did not like the combo. After about a week of trying to get used to it, I swapped it out for my stock knob and it felt so much better. The weighted knob made me lose the feel of the shift. But hey, to each their own.

But, recently I installed some Hybrid Racing detent springs which dramatically improved the "notchiness" of the shifting, so, maybe I'll toss my weighted knob back on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am thinking about getting the Acuity Short shifter, would it be pointless to even get a weighted shift knob with it because the short shifter is smooth enough making the knob useless?
Make sure you get the detent springs with it and the transmission springs . The tranny spring you can get from acuity all three will improve your shifting.

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
350 Posts
I was using a Blox 490 gram knob when I first installed my Buddy Club short shifter, and to be honest, I did not like the combo. After about a week of trying to get used to it, I swapped it out for my stock knob and it felt so much better. The weighted knob made me lose the feel of the shift. But hey, to each their own.

i did the same, had a blox on there and tossed the oem back on. running acuity knob now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have both weighted and non-weighted with an acuity short shifter. I prefer the non-weighted knob. I think it's just comes down to preference.

·
Photoshop Masta
2,795 Posts
I have both weighted and non-weighted with an acuity short shifter. I prefer the non-weighted knob. I think it's just comes down to preference.
Yeah..the weighted knob felt nice on the stock shifter, but I prefer the stock knob on the short.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts