9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Do you know or does anyone know what the rusted white areas could be? Thinking about buying this car, it was a salvage car but has been fixed. 2013 civic ex coupe. Im hesitant to buy the car because of the rust at such a early year. Im not sure if it could be due to the radiator breaking during the front end accident. Any ideas?
Looks like road salt corrosion. Car from up north? Mine was, has some of that. It’s just surface stuff, nothing terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know or does anyone know what the rusted white areas could be? The areas around the spark plug bolts are heavily rusted aswell. Thinking about buying this car, it was a salvage car but has been fixed. 2013 civic ex coupe. Im hesitant to buy the car because of the rust at such a early year. Im not sure if it could be due to the radiator breaking during the accident or maybe a flood? The car was purchased from an auction in providence RL
Any ideas on what I should do? 8B02256F-BE51-43CB-8C38-0A6A1204767A.jpeg

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
That ca
Im looking to buy a honda civic 2013 coupe. Everything checked out besides small white debri on the engine. The car is salvage title and had been in a front end. Im thinking maybe debri from the radiator pump. Any ideas?
That car, looks to me, like it was in a flood...
RUN AWAY as fast as you can.

I would NEVER buy a salvage title car, especially one that's been in a flood.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yea I'd pass on that unless it was free, engine looks rough

·
Registered
868 Posts
Like Teeps said, I would never even consider a Salvage title. If you're just looking for a used commuter car (considering you're buying a 2013 civic, you probably are) then it's a total buyers market. There's literally millions of options, don't buy a salvage title.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,245 Posts
Where are you and/or the car located?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts