9th Gen Civic Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
How much would you guys say Honda would charge me to install it??

And do I just go to a official Honda dealership and say "hey swap this on for me?"

·
Registered
576 Posts
Depends on what they charge for labor per hour. I suppose they could probably swap out the grille in an hour or two.

And yeah, just ask 'em to swap it on for you. They can probably order the part right at the dealership too.

When I bought my '02, I wanted alloys but couldn't afford 'em right away. So I drove with the steelies for a few years until I felt like buying the alloys. You could do something similar with your Honda ... buy it, drive it with the silver bar for a while until you feel comfortable (financially) about buying the new grille.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
Marchael, nice. Price is good, too.

Did you do the work yourself or pay someone to do it?

Is the Si badge not built-in to the grille? I don't see the badge on it.
I did it myself. Took me like an hour cuz I was also applying my red H emblems. The grille you order from chh does not come with the si badge. Better that way cuz im no poser :p

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
That bad boy looks mean as hell lmao. If I were to order that, could I take it to some private Honda auto shop and have them swap it on for me???
Thanks. I say do it yourslef. Hardly any way to screw up. You could learn a few things about taking off bumpers later to exchange bulbs if needed

101 - 107 of 107 Posts