9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered all my parts and I should have everything later this month. As the title says, should I get Dyno tune through a local shop or should I get a e-tune from someone on here. Is there any advantages/disadvantages of doing one versus the other? Any recommendation for e-tuners or shops in Central Florida? Thanks

Below is my part list:

FlashPro
Rv6 Catless DP
Skunk2 MegaPower RR Exhuast
RBC Intake Manifold PRL Adapter Kit
RBC Intake Manifold
RBC Bored to 70mm
ZDX Throttle Body
RDX Injectors
PRL 3.5 Cold Air intake with Battery relocation kit
Pulstar Iridium Pulse Plug
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Audio Big 3 will be done once parts are installed

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
the thing is that most tuners doesn't really like to piggback off another tuner's tune. So...it is really up to you and your tuner.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Depends on how much time / money you have. A dyno tune is quick and easy but expensive. An etune takes a bit more time but is tons cheaper. IMO the best way to do it if you can afford to is a dyno tune and then let Vit adjust it with an etune.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Depends on how much time / money you have. A dyno tune is quick and easy but expensive. An etune takes a bit more time but is tons cheaper. IMO the best way to do it if you can afford to is a dyno tune and then let Vit adjust it with an etune.
how is a dyno tune any 'quicker' or 'easier' than a e-tune?

·
Registered
908 Posts
eh, the one thing i don't like about dyno tuners is they generally do not charge partial fees it's all or nothing. Oh you've been street tuned and my efforts to tune you are very minimal? Still 500 dollars kthx.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am very pleased with my etune from VitViper. The only downside I can think of when it comes to etuning vs dynamometer tuning is the difference between the OEM O2 sensor and the wideband on the dyno: I would imagine that tuning, depending on the tuner, would be more precise on the dyno. I could be wrong, though.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I am very pleased with my etune from VitViper. The only downside I can think of when it comes to etuning vs dynamometer tuning is the difference between the OEM O2 sensor and the wideband on the dyno: I would imagine that tuning, depending on the tuner, would be more precise on the dyno. I could be wrong, though.
True and untrue. Unless they calibrate or replace that wideband monthly, it's not going to read properly.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
eh, the one thing i don't like about dyno tuners is they generally do not charge partial fees it's all or nothing. Oh you've been street tuned and my efforts to tune you are very minimal? Still 500 dollars kthx.
We don't charge $500 :thumb:.

Reactions: T_Virus

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you just need a touch up I agree 300 is to much but if your going from stock to all the bolt ons 300 would be a fair price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's an average price. Even 300 is too much when you just need a touch up.

I also had to help you guys out with some "issues" hehe.
the e-tuner had to school the dyno tuner? lol.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
i don't think that's what he was getting at, and that's not what i was implying either.

My cam angles were a total guess lol. I know what works on the street, and high cam angle at high rpms doesn't translate to the street. I bet brian can chime in on that. You don't advance cam angle approaching the rev limiter do you?

Did you ever fix your idle brandon?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
i don't think that's what he was getting at, and that's not what i was implying either.

My cam angles were a total guess lol. I know what works on the street, and high cam angle at high rpms doesn't translate to the street. I bet brian can chime in on that. You don't advance cam angle approaching the rev limiter do you?

Did you ever fix your idle brandon?
Yea we fixed the idle issue. Well the car doesn't skip a beat with the current cam angle setting.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
87 Posts
There is no questions or conversation to be had DYNO tuning is FAR superior than an etune, IF YOU ARE serious about the reliability of your engine and getting the best gains possible out of your motor get yourselft to a reputable tuner and get some pulls on a Dyno, END OF STORY

Anyone follow Bisi on Instagram ? He just posted about this....I would take his word for it....If you don't want to take mine

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.