9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know body side molding is pretty dorky. But I freaking hate the dings that I get in parking lots and feel like anything that can help prevent them is worth getting, short of putting tires along the side like a tugboat (though I am tempted). I figure the body side molding could prevent maybe half of the dings I get. I looked at a Civic with body side moldings today. After a long hard look (that's what she said) from different angles, I realized that in my opinion body side molding does not improve the appearance the 2012. What do you guys think - protection or beauty?

By the way, I drove by a gray 4 door on the highway. I was astounded at how good the Civic looked. People think it is kind of boring when they first see it, but it really has something that grows on you.

·
Registered
681 Posts
beauty! just A) don't park near people who look like they dgaf about their car, or B) don't park near anybody at all. haha and you should be good. hasn't failed me yet!

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
I know body side molding is pretty dorky. But I freaking hate the dings that I get in parking lots and feel like anything that can help prevent them is worth getting, short of putting tires along the side like a tugboat (though I am tempted). I figure the body side molding could prevent maybe half of the dings I get. I looked at a Civic with body side moldings today. After a long hard look (that's what she said) from different angles, I realized that in my opinion body side molding does not improve the appearance the 2012. What do you guys think - protection or beauty?

By the way, I drove by a gray 4 door on the highway. I was astounded at how good the Civic looked. People think it is kind of boring when they first see it, but it really has something that grows on you.
i have body side moldings on my civic LX cause they gave it to me for free. anyhow, i dont really think it helps with dings or scrapes to be honest cuz it adds like half an inch or less of an extension to protect your door. just do what Project RR said, park far and away from other cars cuz it really helps to avoid accidents in lots.

·
Registered
99 Posts
image.jpg image.jpg I got mine from honda Philippines modulo side protector it goes on the bottom where the decals are and it looks good it flows in the car

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
beauty! just A) don't park near people who look like they dgaf about their car, or B) don't park near anybody at all. haha and you should be good. hasn't failed me yet!
Yeah, that definitely cuts down on it, but I can't tell you the number of times I'll park at the back of the Target parking lot - away from all cart corrals and other cars, and I'll come out to two beat up minivans parked right next to me, packing me in like a sardine. Seriously? This can't just happen to me. Still - its the safest bet.

And I HATE when I see a Camaro parked in between the lines, taking up two spots. To me, that's always been a really easy excuse to have a nasty note left for you...or worse. A friend of mine did that with his Mustang. He got a threatening note calling him out on it, and saying if he did it again, he'd regret it. Well, he paid no mind. The key marks are still visible in his car.

I never thought much of the body side moulding. On some cars, I think it looks decent. After looking at it on the Civic, I'm not so sure its as nice looking as I thought it was. Hm...I can't imagine that its super cheap to buy and have installed at the dealership (I don't have a steady enough hand to do it myself), and I've heard the protection is questionable so it kinda makes me wonder if its worth it.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,199 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I guess its kind a like a 8th gen where there moldings are any way its way bettern than us and cnd version haha

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
You resurrected 3 old threads about the same thing with the same reply 204. Are you trying to sell those or something?

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts

I have the bsm's. Got them for function but actually like the looks a lot, they compliment the lower line nicely. It's all in what you want man.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I ordered mine from a company called Sport Wing in the good ole US of A, google them if you like, about $150 painted and shipped to my door, perfect match, with 3m tape on the adhesive side. Have used them before and their product looks good and fits.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts