9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a 2012 honda civic si coupe but idk which color to get. The sunburst orange looks awsome but ive never even seen a real picture of it, only the like animated type ones. so if someone could post a picture of an orange one thatd be awsome. or just post your opinion black or orange. and if you have a black one and you wanna post a picture of it thatd be cool too

·
Banned
89 Posts
I have yet to see a real picture of a black SI. The orange does look cool and different, but I'm more a neutral color guy. If I had the choice between an orange and black SI, I'd go with black. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
or you can think in terms of how often you wanna wash it....unless you are gonna use a car cover

black cars in general you can always spot the dirt in less than a week

at least with orange you can drive for 2 weeks without looking at dirty =P

lol useless thing to think about but it still applies...

personally i would go orange cause i think it looks bad ass....you dont wanna accidentally blend in with the regular 2012 civics with the black color.

·
Banned
251 Posts
I would NOT buy the orange personally. It is the exact same as the previous gen SOP, and from my experience it looks terrible in person, not like the pictures at all. Looked over an 8th gen Si in SOP last week. Colour preference is intensely personal, but in my opinion the SOP is the worst of the civic colours...

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
If I were in the market for an Si... I would choose the PMM or Rally Red. So I my choice was black or sunburst... I think I would go Black even though it's more work too keep clean and shiny:)

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Black is good but it is too common. Sunburst Orange is okay.

BTW, Rally Red is smokin hott

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would NOT buy the orange personally. It is the exact same as the previous gen SOP, and from my experience it looks terrible in person, not like the pictures at all. Looked over an 8th gen Si in SOP last week. Colour preference is intensely personal, but in my opinion the SOP is the worst of the civic colours...
I'm pretty sure that the 8th gen orange is "redline orange pearl" and 9th is "sunburst orange pearl". Honda's colour codes are different from previous orange to new orange. I could be wrong though :)

·
1,937 Posts

·
Banned
251 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the 8th gen orange is "redline orange pearl" and 9th is "sunburst orange pearl". Honda's colour codes are different from previous orange to new orange. I could be wrong though :)
I dunno, I'm just going by photos on the net and what the dealer said... The name of the colour changed, but if you have a look they look the same.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Honestly it shouldn't matter what we think you should get. It's your car and you're going to be driving it. You won't regret the orange at all, it's an SI. Be happy! And who knows, you may be the only one around you with that color :thumb: Congrats on the new Civic! Definitely post some pictures when you get it!

·
Registered
896 Posts
The SB Orange has flare to it. Its not dull, over bright, and boring like the puke looking orange Ford used on their Mustang's before. Plus if you have crazy blind drivers where you live they'll see the orange better. lol
I think you'll be happy with your choice.

·
1,937 Posts
congrats man! and the sunburst orange will be awesome! very unique color. lotta si's you see nowadays are like black,white, grey, Dyno blue. least you got something different that is a real eye catcher :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts