9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Civic SI Sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 15 Si that has some bolt ons. Mainly the Skunk 2 CAI and one of the Invida Exhausts (the stupid loud one) still have the stock down pipe. This is my new daily that I'll be ripping up and down I20 to the big boy job, and I wanted to know if I should look towards tuning for reliability/ economy as a solution. Originally thought about going back to stock, but the car is so much fun with these mods I'd rather keep them in some form. (Also saw what needed to be done to install the S2 intake. (Yikes) Haven't noticed any driveability issues, threw one of the goofy-ah emissions system codes for rich 2nd O2 sensor but it went away next time I cranked the car up and haven't come back yet. (Heard those are common with these cars)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Just bought 15 Si that has some bolt ons. Mainly the Skunk 2 CAI and one of the Invida Exhausts (the stupid loud one) still have the stock down pipe. This is my new daily that I'll be ripping up and down I20 to the big boy job, and I wanted to know if I should look towards tuning for reliability/ economy as a solution. Originally thought about going back to stock, but the car is so much fun with these mods I'd rather keep them in some form. (Also saw what needed to be done to install the S2 intake. (Yikes) Haven't noticed any driveability issues, threw one of the goofy-ah emissions system codes for rich 2nd O2 sensor but it went away next time I cranked the car up and haven't come back yet. (Heard those are common with these cars)
Those codes are only common on cars without a proper map to run them. You need someone to tune you, period.

You'll probably also find your car wasn't actually running that great as-is. The poor MAF scaling resulting from running that intake without tuning has to make for inconsistent response.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
It is recommended to get a tune with that intake. Might was well do a downpipe at the same time to yield maximum results. Not only will your power and drive-ability improve, but your gas mileage should as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those codes are only common on cars without a proper map to run them. You need someone to tune you, period.

You'll probably also find your car wasn't actually running that great as-is. The poor MAF scaling resulting from running that intake without tuning has to make for inconsistent response.
Who are the best etuners right now? I only know about etunez and yosh tuned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts