9th Gen Civic Forum banner

341 - 352 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
What happened to your climate control and heated seats? Your controls look so different. I like the shift knob though!
USA spec civic Si didn't come with heated seats :( and our climate control is just hot/cold rather than temperature controlled. You Canadians always get the good stuff!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot! I thought these things all came with a full load except leather. I saw the pic and had to figure out why it looked different. Except Vancouver, the text of Canada needs heated seats. They will freeze to death! Can you swap the climate control? Is it a plug and play swap? Maybe you can get one from a Canadian car and throw it in?

Us Canadians may get better standard options, but we get trashed when we buy parts from the US. Shipping direct to Canada is obscene! And if we get it shipped to a postal service in the IS and bring it over ourselves, we get charged a ton of duty and taxes at the border. We basically have to add around 25 percent to the cost plus the exchange.

On that note, I am hoping Acuity comes out with a Black version of the Esco knob! Hint, hint Russ! Till then, I will probably stick with a stock knob.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
US model no heated seats can't remember about climate control.

What happened to your climate control and heated seats? Your controls look so different. I like the shift knob though!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
View attachment 463649

This was originally drilled out to press onto my MINI Cooper's shifter.

To make it work in the Civic, I filled the hole with JB Weld Quick-Set (sets in 5 minutes/cures in 1 hour) and screwed a spare shift shaft into it. Before doing this, however, I coated the threads with Vaseline and then wiped most of it off. Even so, I had to grab the shaft with pliers to begin to get it unscrewed.

Note for the future: fill the hole only half way - liquid displacement and all that.

The JB Weld made a perfectly workable set of threads, and there it is.
Furthering your rat rod look.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,091 Posts
Furthering your rat rod look.
Well, it is a retro thing, but rat rod? The car is painted and shiny.

If I wanna go rat rod I'll pdip the whole car and put flames on it. haha

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Well, it is a retro thing, but rat rod? The car is painted and shiny.

If I wanna go rat rod I'll pdip the whole car and put flames on it. haha
You're total rat rad with the steel wheels, pool ball shifter, telling you man throw a rusty fender on there and conversion complete.

341 - 352 of 352 Posts