9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1074 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
so now that the 9th has been out for awhile what's the thoughts on the best riding coilovers??? What one also last awhile for a dd??? Bc or buddy club is what I've been hearing a lot

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
so now that the 9th has been out for awhile what's the thoughts on the best riding coilovers??? What one also last awhile for a dd??? Bc or buddy club is what I've been hearing a lot
If it's mainly a DD you can't go wrong with D2, BC Racing, Tein, buddy club n+, Ksport, tru hart, skunk 2 etc there are many of them. Basically in the range of 700-100 are all very similar based off the research I've done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry I don't have better pictures, it's no longer dropped anymore :violin:

I had my '13 Si Sedan dropped about 1.75 inches on Tein Street Flex Coils and 17x8 Enkei Racing RPF1 BLK PAINT wrapped in 225/45R17 g-Force T/A KDW 2s

IMG_20150819_182408372_HDR[1].jpg IMG_20170327_132144880.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just installed H&R Springs on my baby! Adding side skirts and modulo front lip later this week!

18156344_10158793250130413_3201865196647027665_o.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is my 2015 si 4-door. Just picked this up the other day. unsure what it is actually dropped on but I think its shitty because everytime I hit a bump in the road at a decent speed my tires rub lol so suspension will be the next upgrade for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Lol, no suspension upgrade is going to stop you from rubbing when you are that low on an aggressive wheel/tire combo. Looks go though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
thank you. and I only have had the car for a few days now so I haven't had the chance to get around to see what its sitting on at the moment suspension wise but id like to raise the front just a little bit to try and eliminate some of the rubbing that's why I was saying the suspension might be a next upgrade incase its just dropped on some springs.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If it's mainly a DD you can't go wrong with D2, BC Racing, Tein, buddy club n+, Ksport, tru hart, skunk 2 etc there are many of them. Basically in the range of 700-100 are all very similar based off the research I've done.
I personally wouldn't do any of the Taiwan coilovers if you plan on daily driving the car. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I've had D2's, BC and Ksports and all have been junk. Noisy, bouncy and always had some kind of issue with them over time. For a daily I'm a mild drop spring and good quality shock and strut kind of person.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I personally wouldn't do any of the Taiwan coilovers if you plan on daily driving the car. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I've had D2's, BC and Ksports and all have been junk. Noisy, bouncy and always had some kind of issue with them over time. For a daily I'm a mild drop spring and good quality shock and strut kind of person.
I agree with the same, Coilovers are not very comfy/practical for daily driving. I know A LOT of people make the sacrifice so the car looks good but after a while it gets so old, specially on CA roads. BUT to each their own.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I think the problem with most coilovers is they are mono tube and have high spring rates, making them comfortable.

I am running Tein street advance. Twin tube with modest spring rates. 6k/7k. They are comfortable for a daily and still have all the adjustability.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1041 - 1060 of 1074 Posts