9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Show us your interior pics!

77K views 112 replies 55 participants last post by  CivicMinded2014 
#1 ·
Here is how my dash is coming along. How about your interior mods? Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Center console
(click on photo to enlarge)

See less See more
#3 ·
No, my basic pioneer is not compatible with the imid. With the steering wheel control adapter, the volume and tract change functionality on the steering wheel still works. The steering wheel phone controls do not.

#4 · (Edited)
Show us your Interior Decorating!

Well, don't think there's a thread like this. Post any and all small simple little things that you have added to make your interior look better. I'll start it off.....
:shades:

Bought these blue mats from eBay. They are available in red and AP is rockin' a couple I believe. Only recently became available in blue. Be patient if you order them, they took a while to get. Most of them fit, but there is one significant one that does not so I:ll give you the run down (2012 LX sedan).

Front tray : Yes, same shape, but smaller then try size. I just centered it and think it looks great. It says 2.0 L though. Too small to see however.
front Lower doors: Good fit
front upper door handles: Good fit
Rear upper door handles: Good fit
Rear lower doors: Fits, but has small gap at front. Doesn't bother me at all.
Inside armrest console: Good fit
Drink holder: Here is the problem. No mat for this so I used 2 of the extra mats (?) and cut and made one. If you look closely you will see the lines where I cut, but hardly noticeable. Looks good.

I ordered the blue piping http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/interior-styling/7310-interior-door-piping-welt-trimming.html

Unfortunately the colour of it is more of a royal blue (has a little purple tinge to it) than a turquoise blue like the mats so I'm not going to use it as is. I went to a fabric shop and found some material that is the exact match. I am going to do a quick recover of the piping I got and then put it in. Will update when finished.

Blue Vehicle Electric blue Grille Car
Vehicle Car Auto part Armrest Car seat
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Gear shift
Vehicle door Car Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design
Vehicle Car Auto part Armrest Center console
Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Sports sedan

#46 ·
Well, don't think there's a thread like this. Post any and all small simple little things that you have added to make your interior look better. I'll start it off.....
:shades:

Bought these blue mats from eBay. They are available in red and AP is rockin' a couple I believe. Only recently became available in blue. Be patient if you order them, they took a while to get. Most of them fit, but there is one significant one that does not so I:ll give you the run down (2012 LX sedan).

Front tray : Yes, same shape, but smaller then try size. I just centered it and think it looks great. It says 2.0 L though. Too small to see however.
front Lower doors: Good fit
front upper door handles: Good fit
Rear upper door handles: Good fit
Rear lower doors: Fits, but has small gap at front. Doesn't bother me at all.
Inside armrest console: Good fit
Drink holder: Here is the problem. No mat for this so I used 2 of the extra mats (?) and cut and made one. If you look closely you will see the lines where I cut, but hardly noticeable. Looks good.

I ordered the blue piping http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/interior-styling/7310-interior-door-piping-welt-trimming.html

Unfortunately the colour of it is more of a royal blue (has a little purple tinge to it) than a turquoise blue like the mats so I'm not going to use it as is. I went to a fabric shop and found some material that is the exact match. I am going to do a quick recover of the piping I got and then put it in. Will update when finished.

View attachment 17672 View attachment 17673 View attachment 17674 View attachment 17675 View attachment 17676 View attachment 17677 View attachment 17678

Mine came in today for a coupe but for the door pockets they are a little to big, do i trim the edges?

#79 ·
#15 ·
Looks good Paul. Time to do the door inlays in blue and really kick up the color.

I've posted these before. I also have the ambient lighting kit tinted green. And yes I like green.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Teaser for my next project, custom seat covers.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#24 ·
Also, if you guys ever want i'll more than gladly post up any DIY and fill in whatever else it may be that you need help with. I'll give you all the credit too :)

I know it takes a lot of time and effort. I just think that DIY guides are one of the biggest contributing factors to a forum :)

#27 ·
Your interior is frickin' sweet AP. Love the placement of that Mugen sticker/badge. That space looks empty in my car, but don't have anything Moooooooogen.
Wish they had blue HFP mats. :-(
Thanks! It's what i've put most work into haha! Can't wait for May tho! Have a TON of mods going inside!! Spend a lot of money on that shit! hahaha!

#29 ·
Well, I covered the piping and started putting it in. Not an easy job to put it (more difficult than just putting the piping itself because of the material). I'm really happy with the look however. I have a trim tool, that I got from College Hills Honda to help me put it in and am also using a flat head screw driver which I carefully wedge into the opening once the trim tool is in and has opened up a little crack.
I bought the material and some double sided tape so it was very easy to recover the piping.
Games Table Indoor games and sports Technology Room
Label Transparency
Product Auto part Finger Electric blue Gas
Logo Font Games Graphics Icon
Scissors Blue Green Turquoise Orange
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Steering wheel

#32 ·
Thanks!!!
Not sure I understand your question. The double sided tape is only to hold the material onto the plastic piping. The piping is then squeezed into the crack. No, this will not work loose because it's way too tight and there's lots pressure to hold it. Very difficult to put in. Have to be patient and your thumbs will hurt afterwards. Short pain, long term gain.

#31 ·
Here is little teaser of my next little project. I hooked up a tiny blue LED to a battery to see what the lighting would look like inside the door storage area. The bulb I have is clear and I don't like the light pattern (too focused), so I will have to order bulbs that spread the light out uniformly. I might try to sand the plastic of the bulb cover. That might help spread the light.

So, the plan is to rewire the console light plus the two door lights into a switch. I'm not sure my wife will like the lights, so she can just turn them off. How could anyone not like the lights?!! Ha ha......don't ask me!
Blue Light Electric blue Lighting Darkness
Blue Light Electric blue Organism Visual effect lighting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.