9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,355 Posts
My tools have always been in a variety of portable metal tool boxes, based on types of usage I expect to put them through - general (mostly for automotive), woodworking and home construction, and miscellaneous. I also have a box with a mix of my most commonly used tools - wrenches, screwdrivers, vice-grips, tape measure - stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have a box with a mix of my most commonly used tools - wrenches, screwdrivers, vice-grips, tape measure - stuff like that.
I read that wrong. I was skimming over and was thinking it said hammer, duct tape, vicegrips, tape, paperclip, glue - like you are the modern day Macgyver lol.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,355 Posts
I read that wrong. I was skimming over and was thinking it said hammer, duct tape, vicegrips, tape, paperclip, glue - like you are the modern day Macgyver lol.
Yep, thanks, I forgot to mention the duct tape. :)

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Here is my tool box. I wouldnt mind upgrading in a few years. I am getting limited on space. My OCD really shines through my toolbox :)

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Here is my tool box. I wouldnt mind upgrading in a few years. I am getting limited on space. My OCD really shines through my toolbox :)
WOW!!!! Nice!!!!

What I wouldn't give for a tool box and a garage.

·
Registered
732 Posts
One of my brothers always said. If it don't fit, get a bigger hammer.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,355 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Mine isnt in use so much anymore. Eff the dealership life... So glad I left that place. My box and cart are sitting collecting dust in my parents garage. I got no place to keep a big snap on classic 78 box at my house.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm glad I left the dealership life as well. I luckily have a garage to store my box in. It collects a little dust but gets used occasionally. I just put a water pump in my buddies impala a few weeks ago. It nice having the tools at home so when a job pops up I'm not like "all my tools are at work". Where you working now tech?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
WOW!!!! Nice!!!!

What I wouldn't give for a tool box and a garage.
Thanks. I only have a box like that and the tools I do from when I was wrenching at a dealership. This is my second year having a garage and my first year having an insulated heated garage. I LOVE it. I have been missing it in my life for many years!

·
Registered
732 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I'm actually working as a production mechanic in a factory that makes class two medical devices.. I fabricate/ repair/ maintain the high speed production machinery. Pay is much better. My hands aren't all busted up... Shits clean..my boss has a soul too. That's the best part. Barring any horrible unforseen circumstances ... I'll never go back to the dealership life. I literally make twice as much as I used to. I get paid every Friday, so its like getting a normal check twice as often lol. I plan on staying for quite sometime... Guess I'll save my career and tech education bachelors for in case I ever hurt myself. Teaching has turned into plan B. Its funny how even when shit gets real bad... Everything happens for a reason. Shitty circumstances landed me here. But I'd have never found it if I had taken the automotive teaching job I was offered 5 hours away... Didn't take the job for several reasons. Fiance (wife now) health problems, and she got into a PT program she's been trying to get into for years. ... I'm rambling badly lol. Anyway

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts