9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 2688 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not bad looking wheels. That Civic has had some serious fender work for wheels with those specs to tuck in like that.

17x8 ET+28 MB Revolt wheels (matte gunmetal & matte bronze) with 225/45R-17 Nitto NeoGen tires.

MB Revolt Details: Track-Inspired Multi-Spoke - MB Revolt | 9thgencivic.com

No way, guarantee it's just no fender liners with a roll and maybe a pull. I'm running 18x9 +33 with 225/40 all around and only reason I rolled my front fenders was cause my tire was kinda hitting the middle tabs where the liner clips on. My rears aren't even rolled. Just have dampening set to full stiffness

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, I’ve been doing countless hours of research on wheels to decide specs. I’m pretty sure I know the answer, but I just want to check anyway.

The wheels I want don’t come in 18x8.

Would 18x8.5 +35 with 235/40/18 rub at stock height? What about lowered ~1.5-2”?

Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey guys, I’ve been doing countless hours of research on wheels to decide specs. I’m pretty sure I know the answer, but I just want to check anyway.

The wheels I want don’t come in 18x8.

Would 18x8.5 +35 with 235/40/18 rub at stock height? What about lowered ~1.5-2”?

Thank you all in advance.

ya if you're lowered it'll definitely rub.
i lowered my car on stock wheels, around 1.5-1.7" drop, and i had to get camber arms for the rear.

18x8.5 +35 is pretty aggressive, there will be a lot of poke and 235 tires are wider than the stock 225, so if you lower your car, you will likely need camber arms, and also roll/pull your fenders. you could get 225/40/18 tires, it might help with the fitment.

if you want to avoid all that but still have an aggressive setup, take a look at 17x9 +35 wheels. they're actually recommended highly on this forum for being lighter and also looking hella aggressive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ya if you're lowered it'll definitely rub.
i lowered my car on stock wheels, around 1.5-1.7" drop, and i had to get camber arms for the rear.

18x8.5 +35 is pretty aggressive, there will be a lot of poke and 235 tires are wider than the stock 225, so if you lower your car, you will likely need camber arms, and also roll/pull your fenders. you could get 225/40/18 tires, it might help with the fitment.

if you want to avoid all that but still have an aggressive setup, take a look at 17x9 +35 wheels. they're actually recommended highly on this forum for being lighter and also looking hella aggressive.
Thanks for the reply. Would having a higher offer like +45 help at all? I think that when I get coils it will free up some room in the fender as well.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Would having a higher offer like +45 help at all? I think that when I get coils it will free up some room in the fender as well.

Yes, higher offset or narrower width will help.
www.willtheyfit.com
You can try all different types of widths, offsets, and tire sizes to see what you are most comfortable with.

Head over to the wheel/tire fitment thread
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8953

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, higher offset or narrower width will help.
Thank you so much again. I've done a lot of reading and I've decided on a set of Konig Hypergrams. Unfortunately, in 17x9 they only come in +25 and +40 offset. I think 40 will work but I don't really want to roll or pull fenders. Maybe a 5mm spacer.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
A spacer pushes the wheel out closer to the fender so that doesn't help you.
There are others that run 9" wheels, tire size is going to be a big factor in rubbing. You want at least a 235 tire on a 9" wheel

Of the two, I would do the +40 offset

·
Registered
7 Posts
A spacer pushes the wheel out closer to the fender so that doesn't help you.
There are others that run 9" wheels, tire size is going to be a big factor in rubbing. You want at least a 235 tire on a 9" wheel

Of the two, I would do the +40 offset

Thank you so much! I was just wondering because I know a lot of people run rpf1s in 17x9 +35, so i figured that using a 5mm spacer would recreate that fitment.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thank you so much again. I've done a lot of reading and I've decided on a set of Konig Hypergrams. Unfortunately, in 17x9 they only come in +25 and +40 offset. I think 40 will work but I don't really want to roll or pull fenders. Maybe a 5mm spacer.

What do you think?

I have been trying to figure this out for my coupe for awhile and haven’t been able to get a straight solid answer. I want 18x8 +35 with 235/40r18’s and I am still trying to figure out if they will fit and not rub on the rear of my coupe with a 2 inch drop. The front will be fine, but the coupe’s (at least in 14/15 don’t have as much clearance as the front. Don’t want to chew up my tires and possibly damage my car.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I have been trying to figure this out for my coupe for awhile and haven’t been able to get a straight solid answer. I want 18x8 +35 with 235/40r18’s and I am still trying to figure out if they will fit and not rub on the rear of my coupe with a 2 inch drop. The front will be fine, but the coupe’s (at least in 14/15 don’t have as much clearance as the front. Don’t want to chew up my tires and possibly damage my car.
You should be fine. If you are really worried, run the stock 225/40 tire

·
Registered
87 Posts
BBS RS (Super Black Chrome center)

front: 16x8.5 +17 w/ 2 inch lip (-2.4 camber)
rear: 16x8.5 +26 w/ 2 inch lip (-4.3 camber)

I'm on Tein Flex Z. The front has camber plates and camber bolts. The rear has SPC control arms. Tires are 225/50r16 Continental Extremecontact Sport. The 2014-15 Civic SI comes rolled from factory, which is super nice!

20180611_172406.jpg
Screenshot_20180622-083017.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mugen GP's in 18x7.5, +48 with no spacers yet, going for some 5mm as soon as they come in

Tires are 225/40R18

My fitments honestly aren't as aggressive as others, my goal is they remain functional with a little bit of style

MUGEN GP's 2018.jpg

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Hadn't seen anybody with the O.Z. Omnia's so I'll post mine.
17 x 7.5 +45 with 225/45's. Dropped ~7lbs per wheel/tire compared to the stock 18's.
20180923_145741 (2).jpg
20180923_145800 (2).jpg

Reactions: alexaymp

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is this proper

Will this be fine 17x9 +38. Willing to get Work wheels. I was trying to do 17 x 9 +35 but they dont do it in that size. I am not trying to roll/pull or install camber arms. I am already lowered.

2641 - 2660 of 2688 Posts