9th Gen Civic Forum banner
81 - 100 of 2,694 Posts
Drag DR31. 18x9" +28
I know they're "fake" but with the roads in my area. I am all set with bending or cracking a set of $2000 Work wheels.

Are you lowered? From looking at the picture, it looks like there's no gap. Looks good :thumb:

I agree with you about spending $2k+ on wheels, especially living in the Boston area. I'm always around there..the roads suck!

Ive had Rota before, in Puerto Rico they dont last too much cause he streets suck.. But now Im in Virginia so I wouldnt mind a set... Plus you can buy two sets of Rota for the price of one Works. Soooo.. Yeah.. Unless is a show car.. I go fake...lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket from At&t...4G LTE FTMFW!!!!

They look good, I just wonder how well they hold up. I've heard some bad stories about them..
Ive had Rota before, in Puerto Rico they dont last too much cause he streets suck.. But now Im in Virginia so I wouldnt mind a set... Plus you can buy two sets of Rota for the price of one Works. Soooo.. Yeah.. Unless is a show car.. I go fake...lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket from At&t...4G LTE FTMFW!!!!

they Aren't Rota's they're Drag

They look good, I just wonder how well they hold up. I've heard some bad stories about them..
I'm a novice to mods and am confused after reading this thread. If I understand correctly what people are saying here, one can buy rims worth 2 grand but must be worried about wrecking them because of poor road conditions. ????? Logic tells me that if you spend that kind of dough then the rims should be top quality and one should not have to worry about pot holes. What the hell are people getting for all that money if not good looking rims that are rough and tough. Please tell me that people are not buying expensive rims just for the name and bragging rights. Why not buy cheap rims that are good looking if the expensive ones are not strong? What gives?

What people are saying is, no matter what if you live in shitty road conditions, eventually the rims are going to get in bad condition. Thats why people are buying cheap wheels...so they don't have to worry as much if they get wrecked. What you're paying for in expensive wheels is yes the brand name, but more importantly the weight and the looks I guess.

Thanks for the reply Storo. Now I understand why I have seen so much name dropping when it comes to rims. The look, along with a reasonable price, will always be my priority, but to each their own.

I found a nice set of 17" wheels and put some sweet lo-pro tires on them. I get LOTS of compliments on them and the ride in general :dancingcoolsmiley:
Pics?

81 - 100 of 2,694 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.