9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just deleted the muffler and welded in pipe, personally I love the sound, it's cheap too! It cost me $40 for a local muffler shop to chop it off. It doesn't sound like a rice rocket in my opinion and just showing others what it actually sounds like, hope you all like it! I'll have better videos up tomorrow but for now here's an idea of what it sounds like lol.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just the muffler? And how big was the straight pipe it actually sound really nice and aggressive not ricey at all

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Sounda nice and deep, i'm guessing thanksin part to the extra CC's of the 2.4L. I wonder how much drone is in the cab though, because thats the only thing that would stop me from doing such a mod. I want some Db control but as free flowing as possible. I am looking into the UR kit sounds like people are really enjoying it, further down the road of course. Might unbolt the axleback just to hear it lol... :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just the muffler? And how big was the straight pipe it actually sound really nice and aggressive not ricey at all

Yeah that's all it is, I just had them run 2 1/2" throughout it, just the same size as the whole exhaust!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounda nice and deep, i'm guessing thanksin part to the extra CC's of the 2.4L. I wonder how much drone is in the cab though, because thats the only thing that would stop me from doing such a mod. I want some Db control but as free flowing as possible. I am looking into the UR kit sounds like people are really enjoying it, further down the road of course. Might unbolt the axleback just to hear it lol... :p
It really isn't bad inside the cab, its definitely louder comparing it to having the muffler on for so long, but you can still talk inside without hearing it, I'll have a video later today from inside, and I was looking into the UR kit too! but I'm more on a price budget and not wanting to spend that much right now also hahaha, definitely wouldn't mind it later on down the road, and if you do unbolt your axle back it might be different sounding unless you run pipe throughout, not too sure because I haven't tried it but I'd love to hear how it does sound if you do it:p

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
913 Posts
I ran a long, long time without the Axleback on the Fit... With the Si it was too loud for my taste. I wonder how it would sound with a long 2½'' perforated core Resonator in place of the Muffler!

Marko!

·
Premium Member
8,336 Posts
Sounds sweet LDUB:), if you can do a drive by and inside of cabin, I would love to do this but I don't want a lot of cabin drone. Thanks:), car looks sweet too!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ran a long, long time without the Axleback on the Fit... With the Si it was too loud for my taste. I wonder how it would sound with a long 2½'' perforated core Resonator in place of the Muffler!

Marko!
Yeah, it's definitely loud but it was exactly what I wanted and I have no idea but I wouldn't mind trying that later on down the road hahah

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds sweet LDUB:), if you can do a drive by and inside of cabin, I would love to do this but I don't want a lot of cabin drone. Thanks:), car looks sweet too!
Thanks man, greatly appreciate it!:) and I just put up the inside cab but it's raining here, when the weather clears up I'll put up a drive by and another one in the cabin with clear conditions, haha! And it's virtually nothing, I mean it doesn't bother me at all but I hope I can help you guys out on another idea for an exhaust! haha

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree. Hearing it under load would be nice to hear and inside the cabin. Love the sound and the price haha.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

I'll definitely get a few drive by one's up real soon, once the weather calms down and the wind isn't bad haha and it's definitely worth it, I love it and it was better then I expected it to be haha, I based getting it off the 2006 si's lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is with the stock downpipe, correct?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Once you slap on an aftermarket DP the sound would definitely louder even more so if you went with a non-catted setup. Sounds good though! Honestly though how much drone is there ar highway speeds? That would be the only serious question I would ask.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice after the cold start on your second video while it's idling it was so quite! Which is awesome I might do the same thing

Yeah! It's definitely a cheap alternative to a whole exhaust setup and when your not romping on the gas it really is quiet! haha and I hope you do!:)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts