9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to make this short and sweat, about a week ago I was starting to notice that I couldn't get into fifth gear while up-shifting from fourth gear.
Only recently It got worse, I can no longer shift to 5th gear from 4th gear.
I can only get into fifth while up-shifting if, I do the following; go from 4th to neutral and finally into 5th.

Downshifting is not a issue
All the other gears are working fine. It is only 5th gear.
There is no grinding.

Just getting locked out.

I am a FBO Si.
stage four clutch.
K-tuned Slave Kit.
Those are only two tranny mods.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've been recently getting the same issue. Not sure if it's the colder temps mixed with the added power.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been recently getting the same issue. Not sure if it's the colder temps mixed with the added power.
is
Its gotten worse now, I am getting a third gear crunch while shifting at higher rpms...... still getting a fifth gear lockout, all my gears feel clunky. While driving in first gear it jerky, so i guess is time for a tranny rebuild.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how many km/miles on the trans?
have you had a transmission or shop check it out, or give an estimate?
80k, the car is making decent amount of power over stock, and I do race in it quite often. I shot myself in the foot. A shop did quote me $1300 for a synchro replacement. But he hasn't told me if its included labour. He also stated that if there are more problems the price will go up.

·
Registered
136 Posts
80k, the car is making decent amount of power over stock, and I do race in it quite often. I shot myself in the foot. A shop did quote me $1300 for a synchro replacement. But he hasn't told me if its included labour. He also stated that if there are more problems the price will go up.
shoot pay a little more and get a rebuilt transmission, lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts