9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve read and read and read and read some more until I’m red in the face, but what is the best option for exhaust for a ‘15 Si coupe?

I don’t want the droning that everyone talked/talks about at mid level RPMs, but I want a louder than the stock Si exhaust. It’s my daily driver and not trying to spend a fortune as well.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Could also do the muffler shop special. Get the muffler replaced with something a little louder.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could also do the muffler shop special. Get the muffler replaced with something a little louder.
lol I like this idea because I have a really good muffler shop near me, but not sure what muffler to go with if I do that.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
lol I like this idea because I have a really good muffler shop near me, but not sure what muffler to go with if I do that.
Well they'll probably have something there that will work. I like the vibrant stealth series.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well they'll probably have something there that will work. I like the vibrant stealth series.
Yeah they have like Flowmasters and what not but didn't want to run into the issue of not knowing if I'd have droning issues or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah they have like Flowmasters and what not but didn't want to run into the issue of not knowing if I'd have droning issues or not.
If you did get drone you could always try to calculate the size you would need for a Helmholtz resonator. I read a few brief articles about them and it seems like you can take the sound measurements on your cell phone. Not sure how easily something like that might fit under the car though.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
From my experience the stock resonator and piping will keep it from droning. Even when I had a stock exhaust with a deleted muffler it didn't really drone.

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
156 Posts
You should also check out the Yonaka Motorsports cat-back. It's as quiet as the Q300 and Full Race exhausts but only costs $380. I had one on my 2013 Fit and I can't recommend it enough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I actually do like the stock Si exhaust, I just want something a little louder. Do you guys know of anything that can be added/deleted to make it louder? Maybe swap out downpipe or something?

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
284 Posts
Any of the aftermarket DP will make it louder as they all remove at least one of the 2 cats.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
284 Posts
If I do an aftermarket DP, will I have to buy flashpro as well?
All with the exception of one that retains the first factory cat. Can't remember which it is off the top of my head though.

EDIT: It's the fkxracing that doesn't require FP.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts