9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
I use Hawk HPS street pads. They hold up to higher temps than OEM, they're relatively quiet for a carbon compound and don't have a terrible amount of dust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use Hawk HPS street pads. They hold up to higher temps than OEM, they're relatively quiet for a carbon compound and don't have a terrible amount of dust.
Hi, don't they sound (shriek) too much?

Previously in an ej8 that I had, I used that brand in street pads, but when stopping they noised too much that they ended up boring me and I changed them for the Originals

·
Registered
887 Posts
squidward what rotor are you using with them hps pads? thx.
I have Stoptech slotted rotors. A pretty decent "OEM+" kind of setup for street use.

Hi, don't they sound (shriek) too much?

Previously in an ej8 that I had, I used that brand in street pads, but when stopping they noised too much that they ended up boring me and I changed them for the Originals
They can make some noise depending on the temperature. When commuting they're pretty close to OEM quiet. But yes, they will make some squeaking sounds so if you want a purely silent brake pad then I wouldn't use them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use stoptech rotors with stoptech street pads. No squeaks and very good bite. Only washed my car once this year, and my rims looks very clean. My rims are bronze but looks more gold so I leave the dust on to give it a darker look. Theres no dust, junk! Yes I'm slacking on the car wash and wax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts