9th Gen Civic Forum banner

4141 - 4160 of 4188 Posts

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,141
On an extended trip with all freeway miles between fill ups I have seen as much as 38.5 mpg with my car fully loaded down with camping gear and three occupants. Amazing what these cars can do in the right situations. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've had mine for 2 years, bought it with 40000 kms on odometer, now reading 110000 kms. 70000 kms (43,495 mi) in 2 years, lol. Still drives good as new! Little bit of play starting in shifter but will be ordering some Acuity shifter cable bushings shortly and they should make it good as new (if not better)

·
Registered
887 Posts
On an extended trip with all freeway miles between fill ups I have seen as much as 38.5 mpg with my car fully loaded down with camping gear and three occupants. Amazing what these cars can do in the right situations. :)
Still averaging 32-36 mpg being modest on the throttle
That's cute!! Steady 50Mph between Lévis and Montmagny (Qc) to put my son to sleep...

20170904_212636.jpg

MArko!! :)

P.S. 166k Miles right now! Racking up miles like crazy boing to work, putting Andrew to sleep and visiting family among more or less useful other things...

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,145
I've had mine for 2 years, bought it with 40000 kms on odometer, now reading 110000 kms. 70000 kms (43,495 mi) in 2 years, lol. Still drives good as new! Little bit of play starting in shifter but will be ordering some Acuity shifter cable bushings shortly and they should make it good as new (if not better)
You certainly fit in this club! Minimum 18,000 per year gains admittance to our exclusive group. My first two years of ownership racked up over 72,000 miles but the pace has slowed a bit since then. These are great cars to put the miles on. :)

Welcome to the High Milers Club!

p.s. I love Banff and the sorrounding area, Lake Louise is one of the prettiest spots on Earth if you ask me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You certainly fit in this club! Minimum 18,000 per year gains admittance to our exclusive group. My first two years of ownership racked up over 72,000 miles but the pace has slowed a bit since then. These are great cars to put the miles on. :)

Welcome to the High Milers Club!

p.s. I love Banff and the sorrounding area, Lake Louise is one of the prettiest spots on Earth if you ask me.
Cheers! Yeah, the odometer keeps on rolling, lol.
Living in the Bow Valley has its challenges for sure, but yeah there's worse places to be! When life gets you down a bit it's sooo nice to take a long drive or nice walk in these surroundings and let everything melt away. One guarantee living in the mountains... they really make day to day problems pale into insignificance!

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Civic crossed through 66,000 miles. That's what 66 months of ownership so now down to 1000 miles per month. Truck is at 25,000 miles in 3 years so that's going at about 700 per month, or so on that guy.

How the hell are you guys doing, especially 9GenSi? Kind of an absentee member these days with a busy life.

·
Registered
887 Posts
170k!! The car will need a Caliper (rear right side) next spring however... Well life goes on!

Marko!

·
Registered
149 Posts
To any of my fellow high-mileage drivers: has anyone done a valve adjustment? My maintenance minder is calling for one, but my local Honda dealer recommends against doing it unless the valvetrain is making any undue noise. For what it’s worth, Scott @ King Motorsports recommended it. What does everyone think? I hate to potentially create a problem.
I have just over 100K miles on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've done one at about 130k miles with a coolant flush.. It was somewhat noisy when cold and noisier at about 2.8\3k rpm and the tech at my Honda dealer said it was bad! Seems like intake valves are getting loose while the exhaust ones were getting too tight. Tight exhaust valves can burn and may cost you a cylinder head teardown and rebuild...

Marko!

Edit: 174k! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've done one at about 130k miles with a coolant flush.. It was somewhat noisy when cold and noisier at about 2.8\3k rpm and the tech at my Honda dealer said it was bad! Seems like intake valves are getting loose while the exhaust ones were getting too tight. Tight exhaust valves can burn and may cost you a cylinder head teardown and rebuild...

Marko!

Edit: 174k! :)

Im barely at 89k. Around 100k i plan on changing coolant, koyorad radiator, spoon thermostat, samco hoses & a valve adjustment.

Glad to see everyone stacking miles!

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Civic is starting to need maintenance. Rolled through 70k miles this weekend.

Just changed out the transmission fluid, swapping from summer tires to winters and the summers need to be replaced. Brakes are also drained and after a morning chasing some Porsches through the mountains, my brakes are cooked as well. Might as well swap out that swaybar that I've been talking about for 5 years now.

Put the car up on jack stands for a week and replace all that driving and stopping stuff.

1) Tires
2) Brake pads and rotors
3) Endlinks and swaybar <--- for shits and giggles.

·
Registered
887 Posts
178k! :)

Fun fact. I tried some TGMO 0w16, just for fun, as my boss gave it to me and it's well under freezing point anyway. I wanted to try something new so i poured 3 pints of it at my last oil change. Now that it's been in there for 3k miles, that nothing bad happened, that the car didn't even consumed a drop of it, that the engine ''seems'' to behave exactly the way it used to behave on 0W20 and that the maintenance minder is at 80%, i'm going to drop a pint of Liquimoly Leichtlauf 5w40 to thicken it just a bit (like a 0w25/0w30) and see if something changes. Noise, fuel economy, vibrations, etc... I'll report back later! :)

Marko!

·
Registered
887 Posts
180k everything is (still) fine.

Marko!

Attachments

·
Registered
887 Posts
181k miles..

I confirm that there is a 2012 Si in Quebec city with well over 500k km doing medical deliveries!!

Marko!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
187K! At the end of summer i will be close to 200 if not over it. I'll be going to Yellowstone (and perhaps Mount Rushmore), then Seattle, then Vancouver and back home thru Canada!! A nice ride!

Marko!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey all,
Just to chime in, I picked up my 2012 HFP on 11/7/13 with only 1,973 miles on it. I recently hit 71k miles and aside from scheduled fluids and brakes, I’ve have only had to replace the radio volume knob (warranty) and the AC blower motor (easy swap).
The car is completely stock except for the TruHart + Sportline combo and camber kit/bolts I recently installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
887 Posts
190k!

Everything still solid!

Marko!

4141 - 4160 of 4188 Posts