9th Gen Civic Forum banner

4201 - 4210 of 4210 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
My car is a 2012, with much less miles. How are you keeping your headlights clear? I'm almost to the point of buying new OEM ones before it gets past the 10 year mark.
I got them watersanded and refinished (clearcoated) at my bodyshop about a year ago. Once you do that however, have somebody apply a 3M clear wrap or something else on them or your clearcoat will peel off with rocks, sand and abrasives inpact. I didn't and it's starting to peel off... :( I also put car wax on them like 2x per week... ;)

If you take a look at the fog lamps, the were hopeless and the right one is even cracked. Now you can see right thru it. What did i do? Sanded glass for hours.. No! I just applied some 3M clear wrap on it after i cleaned them with steel wool. It's like the glue from the wrap filled the holes and the glass became clear again.. It was a totally unintended but welcomed outcome as i only wanted the wrap to prevent the left one to crack (they are expensive..) and maybe seal off the right one..

so what type of corrosion protection are you using, if any? i ask cause canadian winters are tough on our cars, and yours looks hella clean for 400k ??
Whatever that guy is using.

He's like a rustproofing guru around here and gets lots of work from just about everywhere in the province. I personally like the fact that he won't do any holes in your car to apply the stuff, instead,he will remove body trims, clips and plugs to do so. The first time he did my car, it took a complete day. It's not rare to see a Tesla or some other electric car having done a 6 hours drive to gets their cars rust proofed. However, he's loaded for like 9 months in advance.. if not a year...

I also intend to pay that guy a visit..

He's the one that does most detailing jobs on a friend's Mercedes and Miata and boy he knows what he's doing.. o_O

Marko!

Btw, 401k Now..

·
Registered
898 Posts
....a place my car doesn't see often.. Now in for those dreaded rear calipers, the real Achille's heel of the 9th gen platform and probably many other Hondas.

Marko!

·
Registered
898 Posts
250k!!!

Marko!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sup. I wonder if anyone is still driving their Si? I have a 2012 Civic Si with 121,000K on it. I got the CMC and Slave cylinder replaced back at 62k. I am the 3rd owner of vehicle, drove it off the lot with it have 47,000 miles on it. Its been 3 years and some change and this car treats me well til this day, I just got an alignment not to long ago and man my car rides so much smoother. Lol, but yeah I plan on driving this car until the wheels fall off. By the end of this year i should be at 140k on the motor. And man I'm proud to be climbing up in the mile high club. Ill most likely keep this thing bone stock, just gonna throw couple of bolt ons on it and get it flashpro'd.

My current mods:

Muffler Delete - $50 with 3" pipe
SiriMoto short shifter adapter - $58
skunk2 weighted shift knob - $55
Cobra hood mask - $88
Mugen Style rainguard visors - $35
DC Sports short ram intake - $162
JDM Red Honda badges - $45
View attachment 491483

·
I Need A Vacation
13,263 Posts
Sup. I wonder if anyone is still driving their Si? I have a 2012 Civic Si with 121,000K on it. I got the CMC and Slave cylinder replaced back at 62k. I am the 3rd owner of vehicle, drove it off the lot with it have 47,000 miles on it. Its been 3 years and some change and this car treats me well til this day, I just got an alignment not to long ago and man my car rides so much smoother. Lol, but yeah I plan on driving this car until the wheels fall off. By the end of this year i should be at 140k on the motor. And man I'm proud to be climbing up in the mile high club. Ill most likely keep this thing bone stock, just gonna throw couple of bolt ons on it and get it flashpro'd.

My current mods:

Cobra hood mask - $88
JDM Red Honda badges - $45 View attachment 491479 View attachment 491480 View attachment 491481 View attachment 491482 View attachment 491483 View attachment 491485
Car looks great for that kind of mileage. As long as you don't beat on it you should get many more miles out of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts

My current mods:

Cobra hood mask - $88
JDM Red Honda badges - $45 View attachment 491479 View attachment 491480 View attachment 491481 View attachment 491482 View attachment 491483 View attachment 491485
I currently drive my 2012 Civic Si Coupe with around 208K. Had it for about 8 years, bought it new, and it's done great. Only had one thing go wrong. AC motor needed replacement, but other than that the car has done great!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,357 Posts
Two threads merged.

4201 - 4210 of 4210 Posts