9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 4190 Posts

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If it is fun to drive it is worth driving a lot. High milers aren't as concerned about resale as they are about the durability. I actually worry more about the possibility that they won't be making an Si worth buying after this one wears out.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I know this is the mileage thread but I notice some of you guys and girls are getting up there in miles for the amount of time you have your cars. I was wondering if oil consumption in the si motors has improved?
Just over 1/2 quart added before first oil change to keep it in the safe operating range on the dipstick. Changed at 8300 miles with 30% life remaining. Used Honda full synthetic 0w20.

Just over 1/2 quart added in last month to keep at proper level and due for a change right now showing 30% life remaining.

That is my oil story and I'm sticking to it.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I had to go out to my car to look at the mileage. I'm at 11,581 miles and bought my car on August 8, 2011. I'm trying not to put too much mileage on my car but I work 25 miles away from home.
50 mile round trip each day for work says you have no choice in this club. You got drafted.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
12723 miles last time I looked. Got mine in.. November I think?
Pace is just about twice the national average on the dot. 24,000 miles per year will do it.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
50 mile round trip each day for work says you have no choice in this club. You got drafted.
LoL...yeah you got that right.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
I may be in for a round to Sacramento again in the couple of weeks. That's 1500 miles. I'll look forward to the drive just not the reason for it.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I may be in for a round to Sacramento again in the couple of weeks. That's 1500 miles. I'll look forward to the drive just not the reason for it.
wow, you have been driving to Sacramento lately...was it something with your job?

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
wow, you have been driving to Sacramento lately...was it something with your job?
One trip to Chico to talk to the engineering students about my most awesome job. Twin brother is in Folsom, rest of the family in the general area. Grandma has been in bad condition for a while so the next trip is likely a week for a funeral, unfortunately.

I lived in NY for 5 years, so it's still novel that I can drive my super-fun Si instead of flying. Stacks up miles, but I don't care - I love driving.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I got my car on 10/23/2011 as almost 15k and loving it!
Nice stack-o-miles there. You have one week of ownership on me and only 1k less miles.

·
May 2012 K24Z7 ROTM Winner
405 Posts
i would never trade my Si in.... im riding it till the wheels fall off
wow I must have been really high when I asked that question! I guess the red car in the avatar confused me, I thought I was talking to campton, the member who is trading in his Si or just traded in his Si. That's why I was so confused when I saw "enjoying every minute of it"...just ignore my posts when they don't make sense, it happens quite often.

·
Registered
464 Posts
wow I must have been really high when I asked that question! I guess the red car in the avatar confused me, I thought I was talking to campton, the member who is trading in his Si or just traded in his Si. That's why I was so confused when I saw "enjoying every minute of it"...just ignore my posts when they don't make sense, it happens quite often.
yeah i gotta admit that question caught me off guard... i was like WTF! TRADE IN???

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know this is the mileage thread but I notice some of you guys and girls are getting up there in miles for the amount of time you have your cars. I was wondering if oil consumption in the si motors has improved?

I changed factory oil at ~9k because it was down almost a quart. Not bad for a VTEC. I put mobile 1 0w-20 green cap stuff in. Oil consumption appears to be better. I'm at around 6000k miles and it is only down 15-20% from the top dot. I don't think I'll be changing it due to useage this time around.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I changed factory oil at ~9k because it was down almost a quart. Not bad for a VTEC. I put mobile 1 0w-20 green cap stuff in. Oil consumption appears to be better. I'm at around 6000k miles and it is only down 15-20% from the top dot. I don't think I'll be changing it due to useage this time around.
my first oil change came at about 6200...with 15% oil life left, but im sticking to synthetic for now

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
my first oil change came at about 6200...with 15% oil life left, but im sticking to synthetic for now
I wonder if the ambient temperature in FL had anything to do with your limited oil life reading. I went through winter while breaking mine in. I am catching up to flako with 16,100 on the odometer today. LOL

41 - 60 of 4190 Posts