9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My iMID is not adjustable even though the engine is on and the car is fully stopped. It sticks on "Odometer/Trip meter" and does not respond to +/- or source buttons. Any ideas?

thanks,
postit2

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Hit the info button, does the screen change?

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Yes, both of the info and the menu buttons work. It seems like only the +/- and up/down arrow buttons are not working at all.

sounds like it locked up... may have to take it in to dealer...

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
:moved:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Do the up and down buttons work for the radio volume? Just curious if the buttons are working at all.

It took me awhile to get mine working last night.....until I found out the car needed to be running. Thank God for these forums.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Do the up and down buttons work for the radio volume? Just curious if the buttons are working at all.

It took me awhile to get mine working last night.....until I found out the car needed to be running. Thank God for these forums.

Yes they are supposed to work but there has been an issue with some cars that do not work properly. There is a service bulletin out already for this problem. Take it in and have them look at it and fix it if needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, they don't work for the radio volume. I'm taking it to the dealer this afternoon and will give you an update later on. thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: The mechanic told me that a switch in that part needs to be replaced. They already ordered that switch for me and will give me a call by the time it arrives, which may take a couple of days. By the way, according to the mechanic the switch for Si is slightly different from other models, and this is why they don't have any in stock.

Thank you for all your replies. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE 06/25/2012:
The dealer replaced the "switch" for the audio remote on the wheel with a new one, and the problem remained. They later on told me that there might be something wrong with the audio system, so they order a part for the audio and asked me to go back again some time during this week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE 06/29/2012:
The problem is finally solved! The dealer replaced the MID with a new one, and now everything works. :D

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
So, they couldn't find the issue and replaced it with a new one? That's good as long as it works now with a new one. I mean who doesn't like a new one? hehehe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, they couldn't!

Yep! I also think this is a good call. It would take more time for them to figure out what was the cause than installing a new one, which not only solves the problem but also saves time.

So, they couldn't find the issue and replaced it with a new one? That's good as long as it works now with a new one. I mean who doesn't like a new one? hehehe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts