9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Ohio.

Out with the Acura, in with the Honda. I loved the engine in my TSX but I did not like the car so much that I would replace it with a new TSX. The 2.4L i-VTEC makes the Honda Civic Si a perfect fit for me. My new DBP SI Navi arrives on May 11. Many thanks to the forum and the info within that helped me come to this conclusion. I'll be able to run it though its paces quickly. I've a driving trip to Charleston and then another to NYC in May.

Dan

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
thats wassup! lol welcome to 9thgencivic!

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
welcome to the site

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes. I am in Columbus. Today is the 11th. Hopefully the dealer will have my DBP ready for me tonight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
There was a red Si on the floor with this kit installed. It was a dealer package and cost about $1,850 extra. I liked it so I ordered my DBP with the kit. They dropped the price to $1.400.

You can do much better if you are a DIY'er and order the parts from an OEM Honda parts internet seller. The front, rear and side spoiler kits will total about $1,000 without shipping. My back is a mess so it was well worth it to me to pay the extra $400 to have it installed right. Also, I don't do this kind of stuff every day. I may have screwed something up, my back would have been a mess for a month. They did a nice job. I am pleased.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The good news is that if you are adding them to a car you have already bought, you don't have to buy everything all at once. You can do it as 3 projects if you want to spread the cost out. While researching the 2012 Si I saw a couple with the front and rear done and the sides to be done later. If I had bought the car less spoilers and planned to buy the spoilers later then I would have done the same. The front first, the rear later, maybe the sides last.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Very nice car Dan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts