9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never driven a regular Civic - owned 4 Sis but did not consider the base Civic worth my time.

So had time to kill and took out base Civic sedan from Zip car for a couple of hours around town and twisty roads and my thoughts were this: great car!!

The power was more than adequate. Of course, being an Si owner i kept it in"D3" so i could keep it at 4-5k and it sounded sweet.

NEway really was impressed.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If I remember right, I think the EX is 7.6 0-60. I could be very wrong though.

HTC Inspire
FG3 Member#666
0-60 mph 8.8
Quarter Mile 16.6

Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee
FB2 squad #17

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Traded 12 Si for GTI

I've had 4 Sis since 2007 and loved them all. Because of a hip injury i could not drive stick anymore so looked for replacement. Here is my journey with comments:

wanted to stay Honda so i test drove base ILX. 80% there for what i wanted but loose steering killed it. Otherwise i loved it (yes i'm talkin bout the 2.0).

Ford Focus- outstanding handling and steering feel. Effed up tranny killed it.

GTI- wow!

So let me compare Si with GTI . First i would like to have BOTH in my garage. Honda has that engine sound that i seldom here in cars costin 3x as much. Sweet. Best manual in the world! I like the looks of both sedan and coupe.

GTI- feels like you slipped into a perfect fitting glove. Relaxed driving experience. DSG!!! Did i say DSG???!!!

Si has edge in raw excitement. When you are moving up and down the gears and push it it has that crazy and wild feeling. The steering is precise but NUMB. The handling is outstanding and i had stock suspension with all seasons.

the GTI is no better handler BUT the experience is so much better than the Si. While both have precise steering the GTI has AWESOME feedback from thet steering wheel. Outstanding. The DSG IS 3 transmissions in one. I DO NOT MISS THE MANUAL ONE BIT.

Reliability goes to Honda by 10000%.

So from a long time Honda buyer (still own TSX) , Honda you need to but more effort into your Si. The GTI is an eye openor. For a base GTI i paid about $1500 K more than base Si but got DSG and great steering feedback.

the Focus and GTI prove thar you can make eps steering feel like a hydraulic. Honda no excuse.

on the other hand your screamin four banger not turbocharged is a dream so keep it up there.

inmy opionion Honda should kill the TSX and put the 2.4 in the ILX with SPORT MANUAL. Tighten up the steering and then i will return.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey! Congrats on the GTI! I actually came the other way - had a '12 CSG GTI.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1373210496.219461.jpg

They're seriously great cars, and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did! If you're not aware of it already, I recommend you consider getting an APR Stage 1 tune (at least :p). It really makes the car come alive!

ps: post some pix of your GTI!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts