9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to test an Si Sedan on Friday, should have known it was a "buy" trip. Sunburst Orange Pearl w/o nav - just what I would have ordered :thumb:

Just coming up on 550 miles and loving it! Left behind a Subie Forester XT that I had for 8 years. Civic isn't as versatile or punchy but handles way better, gets better mileage, shifts better, and undoubtedly will hold together better too!

Had a 1983 Prelude, a '96 Civic Ex and currently have an 03 Pilot so I have high hopes for this latest Honda in my garage.

To keep in touch w/ my Neanderthal side I ride the Buell STT to work - total opposite of a Honda engine but it still handles ;-)

If you are coming through the Williamsburg, VA area, be advised - a large percentage of "drivers" here do not heed the signs - Slower Traffic Keep Right!

·
Registered
794 Posts
!!!Post Pictures!!!

Please lol this is what I want exactly Honda+Civic+Si+Sedan+Sunburst Orange Pearl+w/o Nav. Haha I have been dying to see one as our dealers over here have yet to even have an Si, and when it does eventually come I guarantee it will be either black, white or silver...

Congratulations BTW I am secretly jealous of you at the moment. Lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where in Aloha? When I had the '83 Prelude it was while we were stationed in Honolulu (Coast Guard). We lived in Kaneohe. Got rear-ended by an Acura Integra on the way into Hono one afternoon on the Like-Like - we all came right into the sunset and were instantly blinded. Small nick on his bumper, none on mine... Bought that car for $1500 and sold it for $1800 - made me a Hondaphile ;-)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Oahu "The Gathering Place" lol. Hehe I know what your talking about, coming out of that tunnel on a certain afternoon can be sore for the eyes. I live smack dab in the middle of town in Honolulu, born and raised. Yeah, man... on this island we only have three Honda dealers and things are going soooo sloooow for them right now, lots of empty lot spaces.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not-so-new now

Survived the boy-racers on Friday night, but my wife too the kids out and some old fart backed into it in the 7-11 parking lot! Only scraped the plastic just behind the pass back tire but, really? One week old?! :pout:

Here's a pre-scrape pic...

·
Registered
794 Posts
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YEEEEES!!!

Please excuse my language.

That is SOOOOO F****** BEAUTIFUL, I have been waiting for so long to see a Sunburst Sedan. I could cry. Now I am very afraid that once I do finally see one like that in person I will probably lose composure and be tempted to walk away with it on that day lol.

What do you think of the pinstripe BTW? IMHO it could do without it. But quite funnily, about getting hit within the first week, it's happened to a few people here once they got there car as well lol. Either they're amazed by the shininess and all else slips their mind or they are slightly jealous. Lol

Edit: BTW don't be afraid to go nuts with the camera when it comes to taking more pictures :wink:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Survived the boy-racers on Friday night, but my wife too the kids out and some old fart backed into it in the 7-11 parking lot! Only scraped the plastic just behind the pass back tire but, really? One week old?! :pout:

Here's a pre-scrape pic...
LAME! i'd go ape **** on them

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I like the pinstripe, but the I-VTEC / DOHC is rather silly IMHO. I may remove it.

I have to remove the dealer name sticker and plate frame too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YEEEEES!!!

Please excuse my language.

That is SOOOOO F****** BEAUTIFUL, I have been waiting for so long to see a Sunburst Sedan. I could cry. Now I am very afraid that once I do finally see one like that in person I will probably lose composure and be tempted to walk away with it on that day lol.

What do you think of the pinstripe BTW? IMHO it could do without it. But quite funnily, about getting hit within the first week, it's happened to a few people here once they got there car as well lol. Either they're amazed by the shininess and all else slips their mind or they are slightly jealous. Lol

Edit: BTW don't be afraid to go nuts with the camera when it comes to taking more pictures :wink:
Yeah, the under-appreciated redesign was really good for the sedan. I never cared for the 8th gen sedan si - something about the rear view was kinda frumpy. So between the improved lines and the orange color coming back I was sold!

·
Registered
133 Posts
83 prelude :woowoo: I have a 92... below is quoted from another thread...

So... when we ordered this color and the dealership told us (after we had been waiting a month or better) that they were having trouble with the paint and we couldn't get it... and then they did the same thing with the blue... were they lying to us just to get us in the black one they had scheduled for delivery?

I haven't been able to find anything on recalls of orange or blue, but they told us Honda had so much trouble that those colors would not be available again until early 2012 at the earliest (we ordered the Si August 1, and got it in late October...)... Did we get had?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Those color were indeed in short supply for quite a while - I think they're just producing some SOP and DBP now. CBP that you got is the no. 1 Si color they run from what I've seen... I think its a bit overdone by Honda, just because its an Si doesn't mean it has to be black.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah I like it... but it was our 3rd choice... well your color was my 3rd, but the wife didn't agree, lol (after orange and blue... we could have had a white coupe.. actually looked pretty good, but the wife was set on a sedan)..

I just feel like they told us what we wanted to hear and led us on (never heard of a car dealer that would do that! :rolleyes:)..

It's just they told us our SOP was on the way and then acted like it went to another dealer instead... then they told us we couldn't get another one that color because it had been recalled (same for blue)... I can't find anything on an actual recall... grr...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Survey after survery after...

Ok Honda, I've faithfully filled out every survey you and your hired help have sent me since Labor Day. That is in the neighborhood of 6 surveys for one 2012 Civic Si.

I've received nothing but a warm fuzzy feeling for all this feedback. Not even a free oil change.

The next Civic Si had better kick some serious ass!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dude I feel the same way! I filled one out when I first purchased the car now they won't stop emailing me. It's slightly annoying and the quetionnaires are soooooo repetitive.

Sent from my Desire HD

·
Registered
464 Posts
I JUST DID MY SECOND ONE TODAY... I'M HOPING THEY GIVE ME SOMETHING FREE.... AN EZ LIP OR SOMETHING..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
250 Posts
I JUST DID MY SECOND ONE TODAY... I'M HOPING THEY GIVE ME SOMETHING FREE.... AN EZ LIP OR SOMETHING..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Well from what i remember, they put your name into a drawing. First place gets $10,000, second gets an iPad, third gets an iPhone.

Sent from my Desire HD

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've filled out about 3 already, and have 1 waiting for me in email inbox as we speak! I don't remember getting this may surveys when my bought my last Honda 3 years ago.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts