9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have had my Si sedan for almost a year and the radiator looks like it has been thru hell. A lot of dents and dings from rocks / bugs. It is kind of bugging me and I am considering taking off the bumper, trying to straighten the cooling fins and adding mesh behind the bumper. why did the Si coupe get a mesh guard and the sedan didn't??? makes zero sense.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Agreed. It really gets hit hard. A friend of mine has always used door screen to put behind the bumper. I'm thinking that I might do the same.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
696 Posts
Is it actually the radiator or is it the a/c condenser? I haven't checked to see which is for sure exposed down there but on my Fit, there are a lot of folks who fall victim to a rock thru the a/c condenser, causing an $800 (not covered by warranty) repair at the dealer. Actually the immediate reason I purchased my Si...though I was car shopping...

·
Registered
83 Posts
its always the a/c condensor in front of the rad

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi I have had my Si sedan for almost a year and the radiator looks like it has been thru hell. A lot of dents and dings from rocks / bugs. It is kind of bugging me and I am considering taking off the bumper, trying to straighten the cooling fins and adding mesh behind the bumper. why did the Si coupe get a mesh guard and the sedan didn't??? makes zero sense.
I did the "Lowes" gutter guard on my Si after following various trucks with untarped loads. I'm on the road for two weeks at a time so pulling the bumper wasn't an option in the hotel parking lot. So here's what I did. Picked up the wonderful gutter guard from Lowes (about $5) a set of their badass cut anything sissors ($10), and some long black zip ties. Cut the gutter guard so it fit from the outside. Curled and bent the zipties so they could be looped through the mesh and around the lower grille only on the first catch. I used 10. Then zipped them tight. You can see the square retainer on the zips, but it got my condenser covered until I can pull my bumper and I still have plenty of the gutter guard left.
Lower Grille 2.jpg
Lower Grille 1.jpg

BTW, forgot to give props to "ROADCOURSE" and his gutterguard lower A/C condenser install for the idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts