9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice sometimes when shifting(especially from 2nd to 3rd) it feels like it jumps out of gear instead of just coming out. It is random and has been doing this for about 1 month. I know if I take it to the dealer they probably will not be able to replicate this. Anyone else have a similar problem. Input or suggestions appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Is it when your shifting at low rpms or high. Let me guess, it goes in and when you release the clutch it pops out?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will do it more at higher rpm's. Instead of shifting smoothly it will literally jump out of the gear its in when Im changing gears. It comes out of gear with force. Its hard to explain.

·
May 2012 K24Z7 ROTM Winner
405 Posts
Is it when your shifting at low rpms or high. Let me guess, it goes in and when you release the clutch it pops out?
Didn't 8th gen Si's have a problem with it popping out of 3rd?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
302 Posts
The stick isn't fully seated when the clutch is released. It does suck. Lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
761 Posts
Noticed same issue from 4th to 5th gear on an Si I test drove...higher RPM's, let out clutch after engaging 5th gear and the damn thing popped out of gear.

·
Registered
117 Posts
drive a r18 and i have this issued with 1st to 2nd. stick just shoots out at my hand when about to shift

·
Registered
94 Posts
yup noticed this as well.... on a few times i find that its hard to get in 6th gear... ive had to go back to 5th and try it again...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, I have driven many 6 speeds(I am a used car dealer) and this one is a pain to get into 6th. Its like you have to shift into 6th on an angle away from you. Kind of annoying!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Didn't 8th gen Si's have a problem with it popping out of 3rd?

it was more so a problem putting into 3rd, i hated this issue, there was a TSB but they wouldnt fix mine because it wasnt in the VIN range that the TSB covered, but they could clearly replicate the issue

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,576 Posts

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
I checked out a NHTSA ref number on an issue with this description but it only applied to 2006-2008 model year Civics. Can I correctly assume that there is no similar TSB for recent model year 9th gen cars?

Official K24Z7 Crew #372

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I am having the same issues with my recently purchased 2015 si. Has anyone had any luck figuring it out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My csr has been doing this and I have been noticing it more now. Not only at high rpms sometimes jsut when casual driving. Did it really bad today going into 3rd and there was a really loud clank coming from the tranny. The shifter shot out of 2nd with the smallest bit of pressure. Does anyone know is this a synchro issue because my car does it in 1st-4th normally. Could buying a short shifter eliminate this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts