9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've noticed that when I start my car I can't hear the starter when I turn the key to start the car, I just all of a sudden hear the exhaust and realize the car is started and the car runs perfectly fine after.. It also doesn't take any longer to start up in this situation vs. me hearing the starter... This has only happened maybe a handful of times over the passed year and it throws me off and makes me feel crazy...lol.. Should I be concerned or has anyone else experienced this? Thanks

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
I've noticed that when I start my car I can't hear the starter when I turn the key to start the car, I just all of a sudden hear the exhaust and realize the car is started and the car runs perfectly fine after.. It also doesn't take any longer to start up in this situation vs. me hearing the starter... This has only happened maybe a handful of times over the passed year and it throws me off and makes me feel crazy...lol.. Should I be concerned or has anyone else experienced this? Thanks
I think I would be worried about my hearing lol. I can't say I have never had that happen.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
HAHA^ Well i might say open the window if you really couldn't hear it that well. otherwise, maybe there is something wrong.. in that case, bring it in to be looked at :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aaahhh.. Funny guys huh.. Lol.. No seriously though it trips me the f*** out because it happens randomly and it even sounds crazy.. I can hear it every other time window up or down.. but thanks for your guys feedback

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
meh.. i tried.. bring it in and just throw an HKS starter in there. or a hand crank those are soo JDM :)

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
Aaahhh.. Funny guys huh.. Lol.. No seriously though it trips me the f*** out because it happens randomly and it even sounds crazy.. I can hear it every other time window up or down.. but thanks for your guys feedback
Seriously though just bring it in. Hopefully you have an understanding dealer. It could actually be an issue, but it seems fairly unusual. There is a good chance they will just say: "Well it starts so you're fine" and try to send you on your way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts