9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say I am a car lover and used car dealer. I have test driven thousands of vehicles over the past 7 years and I have to say the 2012 Si steering wheel is by far my favorite. I love everything about it. The leather, the way it feels in my hand and also the smaller diameter of the wheel itself. A CLEAR advantage over the 8th gen wheel, better in every way! Anyone else agree with me or am I making a big deal out of nothing?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have to say I am a car lover and used car dealer. I have test driven thousands of vehicles over the past 7 years and I have to say the 2012 Si steering wheel is by far my favorite. I love everything about it. The leather, the way it feels in my hand and also the smaller diameter of the wheel itself. A CLEAR advantage over the 8th gen wheel, better in every way! Anyone else agree with me or am I making a big deal out of nothing?
I feel exactly the same way. The leather texture is great. The high grain feels good to the touch and has plenty of grip. At first I thought the diameter was too small, but once I got used to the tight turning radius, it felt completely normal. The rim is just the right thickness. I like the position of the buttons, too. Love the little Si badge at the bottom and the red stitching. I have the same fondness of the shifter also. Honda did a very good job with the controls on the 9th Si.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is it really smaller than the 8th gen? Another +1 for the 9th!

·
Vanilla Ice is my hero!!!
539 Posts
Couldn't agree more. I love this steering wheel.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm not sure I would go so far as to say it's my favorite steering wheel, but it's definitely very comfortable. It's one of my favorites at the very least!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I like it a lot.

It might have too many buttons, though. A part of me just wants there to be just one button -- for the horn!

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I've never had a steering wheel with radio/ bluetooth controls and I have to say I love it. The size of the wheel is perfect relative to the car.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,568 Posts
2009+ 8th gen steering wheels were 14" ED as far as I know. Was the Si smaller than the EX/LX? The 9th is smaller than that?

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
I like the size. I drive other cars and the wheel feels like it's from a bus.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
53 Posts
2009+ 8th gen steering wheels were 14" ED as far as I know. Was the Si smaller than the EX/LX? The 9th is smaller than that?
Hmm I had a 09 EX-L and now the 11 Si.. I seem to think they feel the same.. at this point I would normally pull part numbers on each model to make sure but I can't right now :p

·
Registered
605 Posts
I really love the diameter. Very comparable to my S2000. Hate huge Buick-like steering wheels. I don't wear Depends for crying out loud.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I dunno if the sizes are different, but I did prefer the 2006-2011 steering wheels in terms of "thickness". The 2012 Civic steering wheel is definitely a good one, but I instinctively placed my hands on the 3 and 9 position of the 2006-2011 model If you remember, there were three buttons on each side, positioned horizontally, so it was much thinner than the iPod style trim on the 2012, so it fit more comfortably in my hand.

Have to say though - best steering wheel I've ever used, regardless of price point? the current gen GTI. I know the flat bottom is kinda gimmicky but I just love that steering wheel's grip.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I fricken LOVE my sterrig wheel. Possibly one of my favorite things about my car :)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: carking10

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
My 04 feels way bigger now, I really liked it, but now I hate it. The 12 is clearly better.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ratio should be a little tighter though:

13.73 on '06 Civic
14.50 on '01 Civic <-- previous car, very nice!
14.89 on '13 coupe (non-si)
14.94 on '13 Si
16.08 on '12 Si <-- current car. Too light.

I agree on the diameter of the wheel though ... I like how small it is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts