1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Honda Civic recall

For Immediate Release
Statement by American Honda Regarding
Side Curtain Airbag Recall: 2012 Honda Accord, 2012 Honda Civic, 2012 Honda Crosstour and 2012 Acura MDX
TORRANCE, Calif. – Feb. 17, 2012 – American Honda has voluntarily expanded its January 31, 2012 recall of 347 model-year 2012 Honda Accord and Honda Crosstour vehicles in the U.S. to replace a side curtain airbag assembly to include additional Accord and Crosstour vehicles and to add certain model year 2012 Honda Civic and Acura MDX vehicles, increasing the total recall size to 974 affected vehicles. An incorrect propellant mixture was prepared when manufacturing the initiator component of the side-curtain airbag inflator. Use of the wrong initiator propellant may result in a failure of the pressurized gas that inflates the side-curtain airbag to be released from the airbag inflator, which in turn would cause non-deployment of the side curtain airbag during a crash. No crashes or injuries have been reported related to this defect, which was identified during internal production testing by a supplier.
Honda is announcing this recall to encourage owners of all affected vehicles to take their vehicles to an authorized dealer as soon as they receive notification of this recall from Honda. Mailed notification to customers will occur on February 24, 2012. In addition to contacting customers by mail, after February 24, owners of these vehicles will be able to determine if their vehicles require inspection by going on-line to www.recalls.honda.com and www.recalls.acura.com or by calling (800) 999-1009 for Honda owners or (800) 382-2238 for Acura owners, and selecting option 4.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
I checked my vin, and my '12 Si Coupe was not on the recall list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Almost 600,000 Honda Accord vehicles in the United States and Canada are affected in an extended recall effort, claims the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. A deteriorating power steering fluid hose is the culprit in the work. It could leak and trigger an engine fire. The current recall is actually an expansion of an earlier recall. In May, Honda recalled 52,615 Acura TLs from the 2007 and 2008 model years. Acura is Honda’s luxury line. With the current recall expansion factored in, Honda is on target to again top the nation’s recall list for 2012.

Full article: Honda Accord recall for faulty steering hose affects 600,000 cars.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
The AHM website is for owners.

I have nothing on my car...

Keepin' a lookout.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
You need curtains if you're upside down or clobbered in the side.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts

·
Banned
8,333 Posts

·
rotartsinimdA
4,050 Posts
Update Notifications

An outstanding recall or product update campaign has been identified for your vehicle. However, the description document for this campaign is not yet available. It will be posted shortly. For immediate assistance, please contact your Honda dealer or Honda Canada Customer Relations at 888-9HONDA9 for more information.

Just found this when I checked for recalls, I checked last week and there was nothing

·
Registered
102 Posts
I see the same message at Honda Canada for my 2012 Civic EX 5-spd.
For anyone in the US that may have happened upon this thread (like me), this seems to be the US equivalent:
https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/SEO/HondaRecall.asp?recallStatus=VIN NO RECALLS&recallId1=NO RECALL IDS&vin=MY_VIN_HERE

But don't quote me on that - it showed no recalls for my VIN, and I simply removed my VIN from the URI, replacing it with "MY_VIN_HERE". It still has "VIN NO RECALLS" and "NO RECALL IDS" in the URI, so I don't know if it will show a false negative for other people.

Best,
The Doctor

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.