9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I own a '13 Si and recently changed my slave cylinder due to some difficulty shifting gears, mainly into 1st and reverse. After changing the slave, I saw a dramatic improvement in gear changes, but I'm still worried I might need a new clutch soon. What are the first signs that you typically experience that let you know it's time to start looking at a new clutch?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone, I own a '13 Si and recently changed my slave cylinder due to some difficulty shifting gears, mainly into 1st and reverse. After changing the slave, I saw a dramatic improvement in gear changes, but I'm still worried I might need a new clutch soon. What are the first signs that you typically experience that let you know it's time to start looking at a new clutch?
Clutch slip. The worry is only clutch slip. It's job is to disconnect power and reconnect power. Much more common to slip than lock up. It can shatter, make noise, etc, but all these are obvious when they happen.

·
Registered
2014 civic si coupe
22 Posts
I had to replace my EP3's clutch when I wasnt able to shift into gear at high RPM. I had 110k miles on the stock clutch, it didnt slip but the shop took it apart and replaced the clutch because a spring was broken on the clutch.

So clutch slip isnt the only thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts