9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,

I received an email from Pro Car Studio advertising a Plug and Play Flex Fuel kit for our 9th gen civics. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one, and what their thoughts were.

It see they bundle it with 550 cc injectors/Fuel Pump which would be a smart addition since E85 requires more flow.

Attachments

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Good morning all,

I received an email from Pro Car Studio advertising a Plug and Play Flex Fuel kit for our 9th gen civics. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one, and what their thoughts were.

It see they bundle it with 550 cc injectors/Fuel Pump which would be a smart addition since E85 requires more flow.
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. We've had quite a few customers purchase this kit already. I'm not sure if any are on this forum or not, but if they are, hopefully they chime in.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I personally wouldnt go e85 unless i was boosted. Depending on mods ive seen people gain 5-7whp and around and same with torque but then youve also got the decrease in your MPG too and how accessible is e85 in your area? Just some things to consider if planning to stay NA and run e85. Also a fuel pump is always a good idea but i remmeber awhile back vit had said its honestly not needed with staying NA and that he had just swapped the stock injecots to 550cc and the car was fine

·
Vendor
628 Posts
The E85 can actually net pretty good power gains on a mostly stock K24Z7 engine. From the factory there is a ton of knock - mainly due to the restrictive factory "cast in" headers that run directly into the cat converter unit. The E85 allows for the elimination of this knock, even with greatly increased ignition timing. 10-20 hp gains would not be unreasonable to see in this type of situation. Of course, the E85 is still far more effective on boosted applications.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I personally wouldnt go e85 unless i was boosted. Depending on mods ive seen people gain 5-7whp and around and same with torque but then youve also got the decrease in your MPG too and how accessible is e85 in your area? Just some things to consider if planning to stay NA and run e85. Also a fuel pump is always a good idea but i remmeber awhile back vit had said its honestly not needed with staying NA and that he had just swapped the stock injecots to 550cc and the car was fine
I've made close to 230whp on E85 with full bolt on's using RDX injectors

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm more interested too. Flex fuel meaning whatever the sensor picks up as a blend then it will automatically change my ignition timing and ETC via the tune on Hondata?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts