9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i wasnt too sure which category to put this but i hadnt found any thread on someone using this upgrade kit from procivic so figured id give it my 2 cents.

To start everything was of great quality and the line that runs from the cmc to the sc has enough length to be able to run it however you want for the most effective clean look.

Installation was smooth even though the cmc is kinda in the far corner of the firewall and for me i could only get small partial turns when undoing the old line and generally working by feel. Nonetheless it was out and the new one in without much frustration.

After getting everything installed and clutch bled first thought was wow, now this is how i like clutch peddle to feel and thats to actually have some feeling! Theres a nice slightly stiffer firmness feel to it. Stock to me the clutch has no sort of feel, no feedback its light and mushy. Granted plenty of people like having an easy light clutch feel for every day driving but to me i like to feel whats going on with the car.

Drove around for about 20mim doing normal driving and as i said the peddle now has just the right amount of stiffness and firmness. There is feedback in the peddle, a slightly small amount of vibration when youre engaging and disengaging but to me its only a very small amount and if you were thin light shoes. 6 days a week im wearing steal toes so im sure i wont feel anything with those on.

After the car was good a properly warmed up i did some WOT pulls 1-3 and all i have to say is, COME ON HONDA! This is exactly how the car should have performed from the factory. The clutch grips so much better and immediately. When i first installed my short shift kit i would grind going into any gear if i attempted to do quick shifting. Now its smooth as silk. I couldn't be happier, all i could do when i did these pulls was just smile and laugh with excitement with how night and day different the car is.

The sirimoto cmc/sc kit along with the sirimoto krispy shift kit is a combination that goes hand in hand perfectly and for the price of it all its been for me the best thing ive done to the car. One thing though if you are looking to do this setup when you order the krispy shift kit dont worry about getting the clutch line because youll just be swapping it and the rest of the stock lines out for the one that comes with the cmc/sc kit.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Thanks for the review! I've been debating this kit for a little while and keep going back and forth on it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the review! I've been debating this kit for a little while and keep going back and forth on it.
Procivic gives exclusive discounts to forum members for additional savings too. Email them your screen name and what your wanting to buy and they will give you your own unique code =)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Right, so everyone go to 12FG's house and he'll have your CMC installed in no time.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Glad to hear you like it. Did you have to have the CDV delete one your stock one?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right, so everyone go to 12FG's house and he'll have your CMC installed in no time.
Well idk about that lol didnt pay attention to time but usually if something is taking too long and being a pain i end up justing cussing at the car lol but that didnt happen this time so couldnt have been too bad or long lol

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I never got to do the cdv delete on my stock one because the ring and cap were just too corroded especially the cap it wouldnt come free.
Well I might have to give this thing a shot and then compare the two.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I might have to give this thing a shot and then compare the two.
Yeah and youd be able to give a proper review too. Reason i chose the sirimoto is cause one they make great products for the price and second i just read too many people having issues with the ktuned one within months

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yeah and youd be able to give a proper review too. Reason i chose the sirimoto is cause one they make great products for the price and second i just read too many people having issues with the ktuned one within months
I have heard that as well. I have stickers for both on the car, but will probably go with sirimoto when I get around to it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well idk about that lol didnt pay attention to time but usually if something is taking too long and being a pain i end up justing cussing at the car lol but that didnt happen this time so couldnt have been too bad or long lol
I know all about that all too well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to do this! Hopefully, when it's time to change my clutch, this kit will be available (as I don't see any other kits coming out/being upgraded).

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for taking the time to do this! Hopefully, when it's time to change my clutch, this kit will be available (as I don't see any other kits coming out/being upgraded).

Much appreciated!
Im sure it will still be available when youre ready =)

·
Registered
66 Posts
In addition to his question,Id like to ask if the engagement point changed? I swapped out my CMC on my old RSX-S to an EM1 cmc and the engagement was much quicker(lower)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts