9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd call whoever you bought the aftermarket master/slave from. This is your very first defense, maybe you installed wrong, but it's likely there's a issue on their end.
Personally, I won't touch my master/slave, even for the CDV. I've worked in industrial maintenance for 15 years now. Once you touch a hydraulic system, you end up with leaks. I'll wait for a leak, and go from there on upgrades worth while (I don't see any worth it besides brake upgrades, or CDV).
This goes with engine oil too, I fought turbo drain (not under pressure) leaks. Anything not perfect, oil is thinner than water, and will leak.
If you take a picture of your leak point, it'd be much more helpful. Top off fluid, bleed if needed. Then degrease everything. When clean and dry, have someone slowly push clutch in, while you watch master/slave while your ready to take a picture. I suggest doing this paragraph before contacting supplier, it helps to say "XXX is wrong on the XXXX that you sent me, see pictures"
Yea I'll work with the company regarding the issue, but I think I'm going back to stock. Unfortunately, my stock slave cylinder fell apart at the boot and pieces went everywhere/are missing. I ordered a new one (not Sirimoto), but the vendor seems to be taking their sweet time...

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Been awhile since ive been on here and forgot about this thread too. The CMC and SC are still working perfectly. Ive personally had no issues with any leaks or inop parts. Clutch engagement point has remained the same as stock but the feel had become a bit firmer which i personally like a firmer feeling clutch rather than a soft nonexistent feeling one. Overall over a year later im still very happy with this setup

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've had mine installed for a few thousand miles. No issues, but I still get gear lockout and/or gear grind in 3rd/4th gears.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts