9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The seats are not as bolstered as my ep3 was but they are narrow at the bottom. They also do not have lumbar support. Overall they are reasonably comfortable. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just bought my si coupe today and i love the seats.im 6'2 220 pds and im very comfortable.my girl had to call me tonight and tell me to come back home because i didnt want to stop driving

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just bought my si coupe today and i love the seats.im 6'2 220 pds and im very comfortable.my girl had to call me tonight and tell me to come back home because i didnt want to stop driving
Agreed, 6'7" 190lbs. here and the new Si seats are very comfortable. They could use adjustable lumbar - but I'm not complaining:)

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
They could use adjustable lumbar - but I'm not complaining:)
Im not as tall as you guys, only about 5'10, but i also find the seats pretty comfy. Longest ive sat in them is about 7.5 hours on a trip from NJ to MA. Never really got uncomfortable.
The seats are very supportive on the lower back, would be nice if Lunbar was adjustable, but no complaints...
For you taller guys, the sunroof may come into play on the EX models, since it takes away from the headroom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good to hear, im 5'11 and 180 pds, my 09 seats always poked me. Excited to drive the 2012 but there are not in my area...Dallas, TX

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to hear someone saying some good stuff about the 2012 Si!!!!! I ordered mine and it will be here in 2 weeks. The wait is killing me. Are you guys happy with the 2012??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seat lacks upper back support...

I'm finding that the nonadjustable lumbar support in the lower half of the seat is making the lack of upper back support quite bothersome. I probably wouldn't need it if the headrest weren't slanted forward so much. It makes my neck stay just slightly flexed downward while driving, creating an eventual strain. I find myself readjusting my seating position 2-3 times a drive. I wonder if it'll affect my neck in the long run. I know that the reason for this forward slanted headrest is for better rear crash protection but many cars have headrests that slant forward automatically at the moment of impact, not all the time. The civic's lack of this may have been a cost-cutting measure. I know the headrest is a small issue but a discomforting one as well. Anyone knows any type of upper-only car seat cushion that more-or-less looks like the grey cloth interior of the civic and not some cheap add-on? I would buy it in a heart beat. Of course, if I would love to tilt-adjust the headrest back by an inch, but it's not budging. Anyone else with the same issue or helpful links to solve this problem? Otherwise, it's a great car.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Take out the headrest. Then if you can place a weight on you may be able to permanently compress the foam. That may give your neck and head a little extra space to sit back. Alternatively, if you can remove the fabric you may be able to "shave" the foam a bit. Though that might make the upholstery appear looser. Perhaps also - a machine shop could slightly change the angle of the support rods.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The only way to compensate for the aggressive (stupid Volvo, we hate you for thinking of this!!!) headrests is to recline the seatback enough. It won't ever be truly comfortable/perfect, but its better than nothing. Close to upright is an impossible position, your neck will be hurting!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was just surfing the web and came across this website : Uncomfortable headrest in 06 HCH? | Hybrid Cars It's about the 2006 civic (8th gen) and it seems to be about the same problem. The replies are extensive... I'll try to read it all when I get a chance. Andex's solution involving compression of the foam with a weight sounds like it's worth a try but I just have the find a right-sized or shaped weight to put on it with emphasis on depressing the topmost central upper half. It's not as intrusive as shaving the foam. I just wonder how many days it takes to compress foam permanently?

·
Registered
67 Posts
The only way to compensate for the aggressive (stupid Volvo, we hate you for thinking of this!!!) headrests is to recline the seatback enough. It won't ever be truly comfortable/perfect, but its better than nothing. Close to upright is an impossible position, your neck will be hurting!
This was the same situation for me, but three clicks back from the forward-most position is almost perfect for me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
DNice, I was thinking that you could go to the home store and get a piece of steel vent tubing that is the same size as the impression you want to make in the headrest. Place a piece of plywood on the back of the headrest and then clamp the tubing into place on the front of the headrest where you want the impression. Use a piece of cloth under the tubing to protect the fabric. Try clamping it for 15 minutes at first, then for longer periods until the shape you want stays in the headrest. You will need a big carpenter's clamp I think.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts