9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what’s up I put the skunk2 cai in my 2013 si . It was fine the first day then the light came on . I did a lot of research and it said to get flash pro . I purchased it and the flash pro didn’t have a base map for skunk2 cai. It only had a base map for prl cai so I used that instead . Put the prl base map on and it ran fine . The next day the check engine emissions light came back on . I’m lost . Someone told they can get rid of the check engine for good but I just want the car to be running fine with no problems .

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
1. What CEL are you getting?
2. The car will likely need to be tuned for the intake. MAF based cars are very sensitive to airflow changes.
3. You can go back to stock intake for the time being to avoid the CEL.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. It’s just says check emissions system and shows the check engine

2. I set up an appointment for the dyno Friday morning . You think I’ll be ok to drive around until then ?

3. stock intake was a bitch to take off 💀

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Use a code reader to pull the code. You are probably ok to drive it but I would not drive it hard (no WOT) until the car is tuned properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Use a code reader to pull the code. You are probably ok to drive it but I would not drive it hard (no WOT) until the car is tuned properly.

Ok thanks man I appreciate it

·
Registered
544 Posts
In the CAI tube there is a MAF sensor. This measures Air flow and adjust engine parameters as a result. When changing the pipe diameter, location, etc you will need a tune. This will help relearn the sensor since air is flowing differently through the new pipe causing the sensor to cause a CEL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts