9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Skunk2 cai + rbc = good couple??

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jay_b 
#1 ·
I've been reading around the forums lately hoping to find an answer to my question. People have been saying that the skunk2 CAI (8th Gen) will fit the RBC intake on the 2012 Civic Si?? I want to be 100% certain before I go ahead and buy the kit and stuff.

#2 ·
RBC is from the 8th gen so yes the skunk 2 CAI for the 8th gen will fit the RBC. But to fit the RBC into the 2012 civic si you need to buy an adapter from PRL or have it modified to fit.

#5 · (Edited)
K...

RBC/RRC intake will bolt to the K24Z7 with an adapter made by PRL Motorsports.

The Skunk2 CAI will connect to the fine to the 8th/9th TB without issue (**AFAIK**)

BUT. I do not know if the actual design of the 8th gen Skunk2 CAI will work in a 9th gen engine bay since there two differently cars.

If you get a Skunk2 CAI made for 9th Gens, it will not match up to the throttle body on the RBC intake manifold because it is a different position without doing DIY magic.

If you're planning on doing a RBC swap, do what "immajackuup" said.

Also, this is important, if you're swapping the intake manifold as well as getting a cold air intake you WILL require a tune or you're AFR's will be straight dicked.

RBC Swap (with OR without CAI) + No Tune = No Good.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.