9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 767 Posts

·
Vanilla Ice is my hero!!!
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
This thread is dedicated to Skunk2 exhaust systems for the 9th Generation Civic Si. Please keep information/questions about this particular brand of exhaust system limited to this thread to avoid confusion on the forums and to keep it neat and tidy. Specs: A properly designed exhaust system is critical to engine performance. Skunk2’s 76mm MegaPower RR Exhaust system for the 2012 Civic Si coupe was developed with this in mind and is based off of more than 15 years’ worth of racing experience. Dyno-proven for maximum horsepower, MegaPower RR systems are constructed of T-304 stainless steel, are robotically TIG welded, and feature CNC mandrel bends for a precise fit. The MegaPower RR for the 2012 Civic Si in conjunction with the Skunk2 Alpha Header for the 2012 Civic Si has seen hp gains above 30hp. Designed for heavily modified naturally aspirated engines as well as for turbocharged applications that require more exhaust flow than Skunk2’s 70mm MegaPower R Exhausts provide, MegaPower RR Exhausts allow engines to breathe more efficiently and produce more power thanks to larger diameter piping. MegaPower RR Exhaust systems were designed for maximum flow and power, featuring oversized tubing and mufflers, which result in a significantly louder tone when compared to other MegaPower systems. Price: MSRP: $600 CorSport: $603.00 coupe/sedan (CorSport) Evasive Motorsports: $573.99/coupe only (www.evasivemotorsports.com) Video Clips:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Megan Racing muffler installed on SOP Si (video) So, I just got my Megan racing muffler from my 99' Si installed. It sounds absolutely amazing imo. Here's a generic pic of what it looks like, and a video ending in a smile. Paid 115 euro($145) to get it put on :( About 3x as much as I would have paid in the states. Worth every penny though.
megan muffler.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
2012 Si Skunk2 Alpha Series Header!

Hey I have a question that may seem dumb. I am wanting to do a custom skunk 2 megapower exhaust but I see that they don't have that yet. So to find out what it might sound like would it be safe to assume it would sound like a tsx with the 2.4 engine and a skunk 2 exhaust? Cause I can find all kinds of those videos on YouTube.

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Yea it will be pretty similar

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Sometimes it's fun to be the first to do something lol

Reactions: GHOSTXIII

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
:) your a follower

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
thanks

·
Vendor
628 Posts
2012 Si Skunk2 Alpha Series Header!

This new Alpha Series Race Header for the 2012+ Honda Civic Si is the perfect complement to the recently released MegaPower RR exhaust. It will provide maximum exhaust flow, which is especially important if you have other modifications (such as an intake, FlashPro, etc.) that increase the amount of air going into your engine. Without this Alpha Header, you will experience exhaust flow restriction from the factory header (which is actually a header / downpipe for this application).

We have this header on sale now at a special pre-order price! Please see Honda Civic Skunk2 Alpha Series Header for pricing and to place your pre-order.

Please note that all orders right now are considered pre-orders, and will ship as soon as possible. We will keep everyone who places an order up-to-date on the status of when their header will ship out.

Header Design:
This Skunk2 Alpha Series Race Header features a large 4 inch bellmouth design with 3 inch outlet is manufactured from high quality cast stainless steel for superior heat resistance and strength. This design enables maximum extraction of air flow and increased power. Heavy duty 1/2” thick flanges ensure secure and leak free attachments. Air flows smoothly through mandrel bent T-304 stainless steel and a high quality stainless steel braided flex section. The one piece design eliminates the need for the catalytic converter maximizing air flow and allowing for maximum power. Bungs are also included for the OEM O2 sensors. No modifications are needed as it is a direct bolt-on unit to the OEM exhaust cat-back location.

Key Features:
Large 4 inch Bellmouth Design Manufactured from High Quality Cast Stainless Steel
Thick 1/2 inch Flanges
T-304 Stainless Steel Construction
Precision CNC Mandrel Bent
High Quality 304 Stainless Steel Braided Flex Section
One Piece Design Eliminating Catalytic Converter
Acid-Etched Alpha Badge
Bungs for OEM O2 Sensors

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
No HP numbers given?!?! Interesting

sent from an artificial intelligence device that eats fruit for breakfast.

·
Registered
345 Posts
This...is...sweet! But no cat sucks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Can't wait :woowoo:

1 - 20 of 767 Posts