9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just got word that the new Skunk2 Composite Cold Air Intake should be arriving very soon! We expect to have some in stock early November. I wanted to post this immediately so anyone who wanted one could get in on the first batch of them, because in typical Skunk2 fashion they will probably all be sold by the time they arrive. We're accepting pre-orders for them right now on our site. The price is $319.95 with free shipping:

Honda Civic Skunk2 Composite Cold Air Intake

This intake has really been well thought out and engineered by Skunk2.

• Like the 8th Gen Si Skunk2 Composite Cold Air Intake, this intake for the K24Z7 9th Gen Si uses a unique routing strategy and extra large piping to ensure maximum performance, especially on vehicles with other modifications that necessitate increased air flow.
  • The composite material is lightweight and provides great thermal insulation from the hot engine bay.
  • All the bends and tapers are smooth to prevent any turbulence.
  • The vertical oriented air filter is mounted higher than other typical cold air intakes to reduce the chance of the filter becoming submerged, even in very bad weather.
  • Dryflow filter is reusable and will not contaminate your MAF sensor.

I'll make sure we get some more pictures of the intake once we get them in stock. For now, here are some pics from Skunk2:

Unboxing video:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Damn. I just installed a k&n... this looks better. Even if battery relocation is necessary

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K&N is not a bad intake, I just think Skunk2 spends more time designing products for this platform, and they know what works well.

Also, from my own experience, re-oiling the K&N filter can be tricky unless you're shown the correct way. You don't want to put oil over the whole thing, as I did once. It will be over-oiled and the oil will end up in your throttle body and intake manifold, and could ruin your MAF sensor as well. The key is to basically spray the oil in "stripes", which allows the wet areas to slowly soak into the dry areas. That way, you'll have the correct amount of oil. Or, you could just buy a new filter from K&N, since they put exactly the correct amount on each filter.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thank God I waited for this. Its been 7 long months lol. Pre ordering this Friday after I get paid:D

Is flashpro required for this or is it optional as with most other intakes?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
To make the best gains out of any bolt on you need flashpro period. Use the search guys. Its all over the forum. Good luck with your intake.

Reactions: T_Virus

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would be interested in this if they made one for the R18 but it's impossible since we don't have flashpro.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank God I waited for this. Its been 7 long months lol. Pre ordering this Friday after I get paid:D

Is flashpro required for this or is it optional as with most other intakes?

In theory the FlashPro should not be required, since Skunk2's MAF housing is the same diameter as stock. However, some 8th Gen Si owners apparently still needed to use the FlashPro. I can't say for sure if the car will run perfectly without a FlahsPro. Bottom line is a FlashPro should be purchased anyways to get maximum power out of everything you have.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
In theory the FlashPro should not be required, since Skunk2's MAF housing is the same diameter as stock. However, some 8th Gen Si owners apparently still needed to use the FlashPro. I can't say for sure if the car will run perfectly without a FlahsPro. Bottom line is a FlashPro should be purchased anyways to get maximum power out of everything you have.
I agree. To maximize the power and to be safe.

Reactions: RujoKinJal

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
So this will not work for RBC, and Im not into customizing or fabricating things. So I'm under the impression I'm better off buying RBC and PRL CAI and have more HP than stock with CAI?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
So this will not work for RBC, and Im not into customizing or fabricating things. So I'm under the impression I'm better off buying RBC and PRL CAI and have more HP than stock with CAI?
Yes sir. Any intake combo with RBC/RRC will bring you more hp than any kind of intake on our stock IM.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Only an 8hp gain??? That doesn't sound too good. Isn't the k&n and takeda sri give you a little bit more power???

It depends how you do the dyno run and if the car is completely stock or not. From our experience, some manufacturers like Takeda overrate their intake gains. My gut instinct is that Skunk2 ran this dyno on a completely stock car, and the intake gains would be larger if the car had other modifications (like header, exhaust) to increase flow. From a design perspective, this intake has all the right features so it *should* make more power than either the Takeda or K&N.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It depends how you do the dyno run and if the car is completely stock or not. From our experience, some manufacturers like Takeda overrate their intake gains. My gut instinct is that Skunk2 ran this dyno on a completely stock car, and the intake gains would be larger if the car had other modifications (like header, exhaust) to increase flow. From a design perspective, this intake has all the right features so it *should* make more power than either the Takeda or K&N.
Oh, I see. Thanx. Im going to have to look into it a little better.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts