9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I installed my SKUNK2 Megapower exhaust & I just ordered The Greddy Intake & Flashpro.
I'm curious if anyone has this setup. I have looked high and low and can't come across anyone with Skunk2 exhaust and greddy intake if you have it please reply!!

Eric

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry.

But the Greddy intake is garbage.

It's a high flow filter in a piece of plastic.

Aka It's like a high-flow drop in filter in the stock airbox.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
The takeda/greddy intake are just replacement airboxes. They do show a slight performance bump, but to be perfectly honest most of the intakes don't show much gain. Most people that are showing nice gains on intakes also switched to the rbc manifold.

The downpipe is the biggest restriction in the system- not the intake, not the catback.

With a tune. greddy intake and exhaust i'm guessing you're right around 200 whp

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The takeda/greddy intake are just replacement airboxes. They do show a slight performance bump, but to be perfectly honest most of the intakes don't show much gain. Most people that are showing nice gains on intakes also switched to the rbc manifold.

The downpipe is the biggest restriction in the system- not the intake, not the catback.

With a tune. greddy intake and exhaust i'm guessing you're right around 200 whp
Thanks for the input Skrub. Honestly I just bought it until the Skunk2 intake comes out but I've considered the rbc manifold with the 8th gen skunk2 I've seen a couple with that setup.

I've also heard there's more gain when you take the air intake resonator off from the wheel well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
94 Posts
Glad im not the only one who sees this...No offense to anyone who has it though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sorry for late reply..

Personally I think the K&N short ram is best.. I could be wrong.

I don't like the "rick spec" intake..just seems like a peasant brand that someone made in their garage.

There's also the AEM CAI, I haven't heard much, but for install it requires you to some of your bumper (on the inside, not noticeable outside...)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Sorry for late reply..

Personally I think the K&N short ram is best.. I could be wrong.

I don't like the "rick spec" intake..just seems like a peasant brand that someone made in their garage.

There's also the AEM CAI, I haven't heard much, but for install it requires you to some of your bumper (on the inside, not noticeable outside...)
Its cool, thats the intake I wanted, the k&n but it wasnt out when I bought the takeda. I dont wanna trash it but I mean its really only a shiny pipe with a cone filter. Its really no different than a drop in filter in your stock air box. At least not for the 240 I spent on the thing. Some praise it and some agree with us, thats only my opinion though. They all seem to have there downfalls.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
All the k&n does is suck in hot air to the motor. The greddy and afe set up isn't bad set up. Just opens up more air flow and still is a cold air set up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts