9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 2014 Honda Civic si Coupe

im just wondering if anyone can help me if its a good idea to do lowering spring(skunk2) on your stock shocks/struts. I need your opinions!!

·
I Need A Vacation
13,456 Posts
Well if your looking for a quick and affordable way to lower your car than this would be it but the stock struts and shocks weren't designed for the stress of those lowering springs so the lifespan of the stock struts and shocks will decrease exponentially. In other words the stock struts and shocks will go sooner rather than later and than it will cost you just as much money if not more to just do it right the first time. There is nothing wrong going with lowering springs just know what your getting into thats all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My SI shocks bottomed out with in three years from having those springs. I would eventually purchase them skunk2 shocks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My SI shocks bottomed out with in three years from having those springs. I would eventually purchase them skunk2 shocks
Thank you. I will make my decision in a few months because im not really in a rush of lowering my car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if your looking for a quick and affordable way to lower your car than this would be it but the stock struts and shocks weren't designed for the stress of those lowering springs so the lifespan of the stock struts and shocks will decrease exponentially. In other words the stock struts and shocks will go sooner rather than later and than it will cost you just as much money if not more to just do it right the first time. There is nothing wrong going with lowering springs just know what your getting into thats all.
Noted!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Truhart struts are such an affordable way to go that you might as well just buy them alongside the springs. They're certainly not Koni quality, but considering you get all 4 corners for about $300 the value is definitely there.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Truhart struts are such an affordable way to go that you might as well just buy them alongside the springs. They're certainly not Koni quality, but considering you get all 4 corners for about $300 the value is definitely there.
Would second this. Ride is surprisingly good for the price tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Got about 45k on my Truharts, still going strong.

·
Registered
918 Posts
D2 cuz they drop the most. If I could do it all over again. I would.
My poor Q300 scrapes enough on H&Rs! But like you said, I'd do it all over again. Mostly just because of how disgusting the coupes look on stock height, lowering is a necessity! If I had a sedan it might just get some HFPs.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
725 Posts
My poor Q300 scrapes enough on H&Rs! But like you said, I'd do it all over again. Mostly just because of how disgusting the coupes look on stock height, lowering is a necessity! If I had a sedan it might just get some HFPs.
That would have offended me a week or 2 ago

Reactions: modrid81

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Lol you should see mine. I've never had a system so beat up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts