9th Gen Civic Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1007 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure if this is too late but pro civic on YouTube has a diy video on changing suspension on a 14 si! Only difference would be that you have to change out springs before putting back in!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any idea when these springs will be available for the 2014-2015 Si?
I don't know if anyone answered this for you yet. I talked to Skunk2 last week and the springs should work on the 2014 without issue. I am looking at trading in my '13 for a '15 soon and so far I don't know of anyone who used the springs on a '15. I was hoping maybe somebody here already has. Either way I will be trying it out some time this year. Hopefully there is an actual answer to this question before then.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have them on my 14 no problem.

·
Registered
824 Posts
No instructions came with mine. I assumed I should cut the bump stops.

I did cut them for the front but totally for got the rear since I didn't have to take the rear shocks off to install the springs

Did anyone not cut the rear bump stops and have issues?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Will 2012 skunk 2 springs fit 2014

I know there is a difference in suspension. I don't know exactly but wondering if anyone can help me. 2012 Si springs on a 2014. Thank you

·
Registered
824 Posts
Well no replies...lol.

The car rides fine with just cutting the front bump stops and the rear has settled a bit so the drop looks even now.

Just FYI if you have spacers you'll need to trim the wheel well plastic to avoid massive rubbing.

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
You don't have to cut the bumpstop but they do recommend it tho if you want to avoid excessive bouncing. Up to you

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1431705599.460839.jpg

I said couple months ago what I did to prevent the noise from the rear springs. 2 Tein rubbers 130mm on each coils positioned like that. Work like a charm.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
My fronts are noisey on mine makes my car sound like a rickety old wagon :sweat: prob gonna switch to sportlines.. Back in the dAy everyone made a big fuss over road magnet springs and the tiniest bit of noise they made and these are wayyyy worse.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I left my bump stops and it's not too bouncy. It def settled alot lower after a month. My rear camber was at -4 lol but it's corrected to 0 now haha. Slight rubbing in front on turns but nice drop overall.

View attachment 316281
I'm not sure why "bouncy" is used to explain what would happen if your bump stops were an issue.

I know on my STi that if I lowered it without cutting the bump stop it was extremely harsh since it just the bump stop immediately when hitting a bump...so if you ever feel it is tough you may want to cut the fronts.

However on hondas it seems I've always been able to avoid that...perhaps the bump stops on Hondas are more forgiving than Subaru bump stops

961 - 980 of 1007 Posts